The Student Room Group

Any advice for a guy in

I don't enjoy talking to anyone I know about my relationship difficulty even though its slowly becoming painfully obvious to people as it seems. Ok so I'm currently studying abroad and I have been for a while. I've currently found it quite hard here, I've been struggling with my studies due to the difficulty with the language and am only starting to make progress.

Ok, I'm quite a relaxed guy and since I came to Italy I'm much more talkative. I'm not really looking for a relationship, I just want to have some fun, some casual flings but it hasn't been going well. I'm sure there are girls who don't mind having that, but I haven't had time lately to go out, I just finished my exams yesterday and went on a date today with a girl. She wanted to take it slow which I am really not in the mood for, should I tell this girl I wasn't looking for anything serious?

Like I am currently not in a very good mood after having this date, this girl said she had a good time in a text and I said I did too but I am clearly a little disappointed. It might be because I just want some action to clear and there shouldn't be anything wrong with that. I don't live on a campus and my roommate is a bit of a recluse so I never go out with him. Whenever I go out with my Italian friends they seem to just hang out in a group and they never meet anyone new so no chance of meeting girls.

Do you have any suggestions where I could go just to have some fun (in London to meet people or in Italy if you've been)?

I think I could do with an improvement in style as well, like I seem to only have jeans in my wardrobe so feel like a kid when I go sometimes, but whenever I try and buy some trousers, even in London I find they either don't fit me, or are to expensive (like £80 for some trousers WTF), really gets on my nerves. I like wearing shirts but I don't have trousers or even jeans that compliment them. Obviously fashion is a small factor in comparison to personality but helps and I would like to look nice so any suggestions would be appreciated, I'm like a size 28 waist and size 30 length so its hard to find trousers since I'm slightly smaller than average man.
Reply 1
Original post by joseph.stanton
I don't enjoy talking to anyone I know about my relationship difficulty even though its slowly becoming painfully obvious to people as it seems. Ok so I'm currently studying abroad and I have been for a while. I've currently found it quite hard here, I've been struggling with my studies due to the difficulty with the language and am only starting to make progress.

Ok, I'm quite a relaxed guy and since I came to Italy I'm much more talkative. I'm not really looking for a relationship, I just want to have some fun, some casual flings but it hasn't been going well. I'm sure there are girls who don't mind having that, but I haven't had time lately to go out, I just finished my exams yesterday and went on a date today with a girl. She wanted to take it slow which I am really not in the mood for, should I tell this girl I wasn't looking for anything serious?

Like I am currently not in a very good mood after having this date, this girl said she had a good time in a text and I said I did too but I am clearly a little disappointed. It might be because I just want some action to clear and there shouldn't be anything wrong with that. I don't live on a campus and my roommate is a bit of a recluse so I never go out with him. Whenever I go out with my Italian friends they seem to just hang out in a group and they never meet anyone new so no chance of meeting girls.

Do you have any suggestions where I could go just to have some fun (in London to meet people or in Italy if you've been)?

I think I could do with an improvement in style as well, like I seem to only have jeans in my wardrobe so feel like a kid when I go sometimes, but whenever I try and buy some trousers, even in London I find they either don't fit me, or are to expensive (like £80 for some trousers WTF), really gets on my nerves. I like wearing shirts but I don't have trousers or even jeans that compliment them. Obviously fashion is a small factor in comparison to personality but helps and I would like to look nice so any suggestions would be appreciated, I'm like a size 28 waist and size 30 length so its hard to find trousers since I'm slightly smaller than average man.

TBF you shouldnt be in a bad mood after the date. She was obviously looking for something serious. If you dont then you should have told her.

Go to a club,

Have a one night stand,

Stop wasting time going on dates with girls.

Quick Reply

Latest