The Student Room Group

caught using a child travel ticket on london underground/ second time

Hi guys,

So today I did a stupid thing and used a child travel day ticket on london underground and was caught at a station. The woman was very very nice to me, saw how upset and scared I was and told me to pay the fine of £40 and thats all this would come to, however she had to record my details to keep with TFL.

However unfortantly, nearly a year ago I was caught on a london bus using my boyfriends oyster card which was a complete honest mistake, I accidently picked it up and used it on a bus, my details were recorded and the matter wasn't taken any further than me writing a letter to explain the situation and them dropping it.

However I'm now completely terrified that when they go to put in my details they'll see I've had this incident before and it'll end up with me in court/criminal record etc since I've done something before and they stressed against a first warning being the only warning. Does anyone have any advice? help? experience with something like this they could tell me about?

I've never been in trouble for anything with the law other than this, im off to uni next year and for my course I need to pass a criminal records check and inform them if im in any trouble with the law - so im absolutely freaking about my uni place/future with this. Im really scared.
Thanks
According to; http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/tickets/tfl-revenue-enforcement-and-prosecutions-policy.pdf

5. YoungOffenders

5.1 TfL will not normally prosecute any person under the age of 18 on theday of the relevant offence. This is in line with the Home Office guidelinesof diverting youths away where possible, from the criminal justice system.However where the offence is of a serious nature, TfL may prosecute orin appropriate cases refer such an offence to the Police.
TfL considers the following offences to be of a serious nature:

a) Assaults on staff or other Public Order offences

b) CriminaldamagetoTfLproperty

c) ForgeryandcounterfeitingofTfLtravelticketsandpasses

d) IllegalproductionorsaleofTfLtravelticketsandpasses

e) Repeat offences of any nature or offences committed after aprevious warning.

f) Breach of an Anti-Social Behaviour Order.

g) Any other offence(s) where it is in the public interest to prosecute.

Reply 2
I'm sorry but they're gonna lock you up and throw away the key!

just kidding :tongue: I'm sure you'll be fine. Chalk it up to lesson learned and move on :smile:
Reply 3
Yes you are a criminal.
Original post by sarahcraig1
Hi guys

They're not going to take you to court over £10/£20.

If you paid a fine that should be the end of the matter.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending