The Student Room Group

Falling for a girl who has a boyfriend already

We're friends and have the same circle of friends, we're doing the same subject at uni and therefore see each other nearly every day and often sit near each other/beside each other in lectures. She's in a long-distance relationship (and a pretty serious one at that).

She doesn't flirt with me or anything, she's just a really lovely person and chats to me as a friend, and every time I look at her or talk to her I feel it- I really like her a lot. I know I shouldn't, cos she is already taken, but I can't help it.

What should I do? In my head, there are 3 options-
1. stop talking to her altogether and move on (which would be nearly impossible because we have the same group of friends and I don't want her to guess that I like her)
2. Do nothing, carry on as normal but feel this terrible pain of knowing that she will never be mine.
3. Tell her (which is going to make things very awkward and i'll possibly lose her as a friend) and hope that by some miracle she no longer wants to be with her boyfriend and decides she likes me too (I highly doubt it, but still, I can dream) :frown:
Reply 1
Option 4: Find someone else, have rampant sex with her for a few weeks and voila, you're over her!
Find someone else. If she's taken, she's taken - get over her, but that doesn't mean you have to stop seeing her. Just find someone else to fancy and you'll forget about her soon enough
Original post by jimmyclyro
Option 4: Find someone else, have rampant sex with her for a few weeks and voila, you're over her!

Barney Stinson style :P legen-wait for it -dary
Reply 4
Tell her that you want to be in a relationship with her and that you don't want to be friends. It will be straight to the point and easier to deal with from there.
Reply 5
beat up her boyfriend and then you win her
Reply 6
Hard

Let her know see what she says? She might tell you to piss off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
How would you feel if you were the boyfriend, which could be the case in the future? If she's happy, leave it be. If she's unhappy, still leave it be but be there for her. She might break up with him and if she does then you may have an window of opportunity potentially.

I was in a similar position recently, only the girl I was interested in lives on the other side of the world. I seriously thought about moving to be closer to her even though I knew she recently got a new bf. I then snapped out of it and now I'm not moving aboard for her (THANK GOD!!!).

Original post by jimmyclyro

Do this.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
Whatever you do please do not become her poodle.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending