The Student Room Group

Feel lonely

Those nights where you're kept awake by miserable thoughts about being alone. Missing the feeling I used to have when I was in a relationship with my ex. I'm over him I think, I just miss the warm feeling I had when I was with him, and all the good times we shared.

I've lost the part of me that is romantic, I don't believe in 'true love' anymore. I believe that in a relationship there will never be a couple who both genuinely love each other. The feeling is never mutual.

I just wish someone will come into my life as soon as possible to prove me wrong, and make me feel happy again. I hate feeling so alone, miserable, worthless.. I'm not very good with words, I find it hard to explain how I'm feeling but I hope you guys can understand.

im not craving to have a boyfriend just to make me happy, I want someone to make me feel like I'm worth something. And they happen to be someone I like and they like me too.

I don't understand though, I'm not very bad looking, but equally I'm not very good looking. If I'm to be honest I'd rate myself a 7.5/8 out of 10. I'm easy to get along with, im so nice and polite, can hold a convo yet no one likes me for me.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Those nights where you're kept awake by miserable thoughts about being alone. Missing the feeling I used to have when I was in a relationship with my ex. I'm over him I think, I just miss the warm feeling I had when I was with him, and all the good times we shared.

I've lost the part of me that is romantic, I don't believe in 'true love' anymore. I believe that in a relationship there will never be a couple who both genuinely love each other. The feeling is never mutual.

I just wish someone will come into my life as soon as possible to prove me wrong, and make me feel happy again. I hate feeling so alone, miserable, worthless.. I'm not very good with words, I find it hard to explain how I'm feeling but I hope you guys can understand.

im not craving to have a boyfriend just to make me happy, I want someone to make me feel like I'm worth something. And they happen to be someone I like and they like me too.

I don't understand though, I'm not very bad looking, but equally I'm not very good looking. If I'm to be honest I'd rate myself a 7.5/8 out of 10. I'm easy to get along with, im so nice and polite, can hold a convo yet no one likes me for me.

Hey don't be like that. If you had someone before you can find someone again. Everyone can :smile:. You obviously have a lot of qualities and things that are beautiful about you - every woman does even if just her smile, and all those qualities mean someone will take to you. Don't get depressed over it, it will happen when the time is right. Until then just live your life out and do things for you, you know. Things you love, things that make you happy, things that make others happy. I know what you mean about wanting someone but a lot of people feel that and sometimes we just have to be single. It can be great, it makes you realise things about yourself, you get to know yourself better. And no matter what experiences you personally have had, there is no way you can conclude true love doesn't exist. Hope your mood picks up. :smile:
Reply 2
Sounds like you have been hurt by an ex. I know what you are going through, my last girlfriend cheated on me and it does honestly make you feel worthless and alone and night. If you want to talk PM me :smile:. Just remember it's never the end! :biggrin:
Reply 3
1) The grass is always greener. And 2) This may sound harsh, but if you can't live with yourself/be alone, you don't deserve to be with someone. Far too many people are in relationships because they don't "want to be alone". It's like some kind of disease in Western societies. And quite frankly, I'd stay away from someone who just wanted someone to cuddle late at night.

This is also not a criticism of you OP. All in saying is that you should define your own worth. You'll forever be unhappy if you're looking for someone to do that for you...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Over2you
1) The grass is always greener. And 2) This may sound harsh, but if you can't live with yourself/be alone, you don't deserve to be with someone. Far too many people are in relationships because they don't "want to be alone". It's like some kind of disease in Western societies. And quite frankly, I'd stay away from someone who just wanted someone to cuddle late at night.

This, a 1000 times.
Reply 5

How old are you if you don't me asking?

Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all :dontknow:
Reply 7

This is also not a criticism of you OP. All in saying is that you should define your own worth. You'll forever be unhappy if you're looking for someone to do that for you...

No I'm not saying that I only want to be with someone just so i could cuddle with them at night. I don't want to be with someone cause i feel alone full stop. I want to be with someone who makes life worthwhile, someone i can trust and what not. Basically, in short, i want a best friend, a true best friend who will be there for me forever. Just like what everyone else wants.
Reply 8
How old are you if you don't me asking?

16 going on 17 in a few months. I know what you're probably thinking, 'oh look a typical teenager who hasn't the slightest clue on what love is'. I used to laugh at people my own age when they said they were 'in love', i thought kids couldn't fall in love or even feel anything as strong. But once i went through it, i've changed my view, you can fall in love or like someone, whatever the feeling may be, at whatever age. There is no set age for that kinda feeling.

Maybe I'll mature further as time goes on, and hopefully when i look back on my teenage years I'll just laugh at how i used to feel and be happy that i'm no longer in the same place
Reply 9

This is very cliche but don't go looking for love
I personally believe in destiny-
there was a point last year when I finally gave up on relationships(btw my whole life does not revolve around boys js...) and quite suddenly I found myself falling for someone who I never thought ever that I'd like.
Reply 10
16 going on 17 in a few months. I know what you're probably thinking, 'oh look a typical teenager who hasn't the slightest clue on what love is'. I used to laugh at people my own age when they said they were 'in love', i thought kids couldn't fall in love or even feel anything as strong. But once i went through it, i've changed my view, you can fall in love or like someone, whatever the feeling may be, at whatever age. There is no set age for that kinda feeling.

Maybe I'll mature further as time goes on, and hopefully when i look back on my teenage years I'll just laugh at how i used to feel and be happy that i'm no longer in the same place

Haha yh you hit the nail on the head tbh. You'll laugh at it when you're of your teenager years. Besides, you're really young...wouldn't worry about anything tbh
Reply 11

As much as I want to agree with you and I believe it's really important to learn to be happy on your own, it's completely in our nature to want to be loved and 'kept warm' (at the risk of sounding mega cheesy- but it's true).

Whilst I think OP has tipped the scales in not being happy alone, even people who are happy alone and perfectly capable of existing that way, still get lonely and start looking for someone. That isn't a weakness at all. It's what we're made for.

OP I think you should try to spend time with friends, keep busy during the day and tire yourself out so you'll sleep better. Don't look too hard for someone. Work on self development, it'll make you more confident and ready to be with someone when they do come around.
Reply 12
Original post by Ebony19
As much as I want to agree with you and I believe it's really important to learn to be happy on your own, it's completely in our nature to want to be loved and 'kept warm' (at the risk of sounding mega cheesy- but it's true).

Whilst I think OP has tipped the scales in not being happy alone, even people who are happy alone and perfectly capable of existing that way, still get lonely and start looking for someone. That isn't a weakness at all. It's what we're made for.

OP I think you should try to spend time with friends, keep busy during the day and tire yourself out so you'll sleep better. Don't look too hard for someone. Work on self development, it'll make you more confident and ready to be with someone when they do come around.

Thanks for the advice, only problem is I pretty much have no friends to spend time with! I used to have lots of friends before but now I only havethe two. One of them is never allowed out so I can’t hang out with her afterschool or at weekends. The other friend says he’s always busy, either stuck atwork or just generally ‘busy’. Excuses. My day consists of going to sixth form,coming home, watching telly, doing homework and if there’s nothing to do I havea nap. No one texts me anymore, there’s no point me having a phone anymore! Duringbreak, lunch and free periods at sixth form, im usually sat in the sixthformers’ room, I just look around at everyone else having a good time, engagingin conversation.
I would join in but the people in my year aren't very nice, in the sense that they're not approachable as majority of the girls are bitchy.

But I’ve decided, to spend my time properly, so instead ofsitting bored in the sixth form area during free periods im just going to dowork in the library. Better than nothing, right?
Reply 13
Thanks for the advice, only problem is I pretty much have no friends to spend time with! I used to have lots of friends before but now I only havethe two. One of them is never allowed out so I can’t hang out with her afterschool or at weekends. The other friend says he’s always busy, either stuck atwork or just generally ‘busy’. Excuses. My day consists of going to sixth form,coming home, watching telly, doing homework and if there’s nothing to do I havea nap. No one texts me anymore, there’s no point me having a phone anymore! Duringbreak, lunch and free periods at sixth form, im usually sat in the sixthformers’ room, I just look around at everyone else having a good time, engagingin conversation.
I would join in but the people in my year aren't very nice, in the sense that they're not approachable as majority of the girls are bitchy.

But I’ve decided, to spend my time properly, so instead ofsitting bored in the sixth form area during free periods im just going to dowork in the library. Better than nothing, right?

Yeah it is better than doing nothing and always remember you're working towards your future as much as you might feel lonely now you won't be at sixth form forever. I understand that it's not much of a comfort right now because it's difficult day to day but it you try to look ahead it makes these things a little more bearable.

But how about joining something like a sport club or something out of college to increase your confidence. Do you like drama, the arts anything like that? It's also a good way to meet new people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending