The Student Room Group

Best friend kissed me and I am in a relationship!

Mods - Please keep this anon as people know me on here.

Will put names in here for convenience.

Best friend = Cas

Boyfriend = Matt

Cas and I have been friends with since 8 iirc and he kissed me today.

I like him as a friend but I never really wanted to pursue a relationship with him - as it is just really awkward, going out and perhaps more with your best friend.

I have a boyfriend, Matt though whom I really like and care about and have been going out with for 4 months.

I just feel really confused though. When Cas kissed me, it just happened really quickly. We were sitting down, and he told me that he really liked me and had done for a while. He then played with my hair and then pressed his lips against mine. It was like a soft kiss - but I knew that he meant which troubled me.

I told him I liked him, but only as a friend. I was in his house at the time. And I then just hurried out. I am just not sure what to do.

I want to be friends with Cas still but I don't know if I should tell Matt. I care about them both a lot. One thing though, is that Matt and Cas really dislike each other.

I thought that because I like Cas and Matt likes me, and Cas likes me and I like Matt - well then they should like eachother right?!

If its worth anything, in terms of looks they are both very attractive. I never really consider myself being with Cas... I consider myself lucky to have them as they are both great guys

I know that they both really care about me and me them. It's just firstly I don't know whether I should tell Matt as that could make things worse. Despite us going out, he gets jealous and annoyed when I spend time with Cas. And also Cas, said to me that he really likes me, and that "he has never felt like this, with anyone else". He was really gentle and sincere in doing this. I don't want to lose him as we are close but equally I love my boyfriend very much and I am in a committed relationship with him.

I would like everything to be like it was before. But I don't think that will happen :/

TLDR - Best friend kissed me. Best friend and boyfriend really hate eachother. Should I tell my boyfriend, or forget about it? What do I tell my best friend?

If I made errors I am sorry. Its late and I am tired.

Thanks for any advice :smile:
Reply 1
EDIT - For the record, Matt and Cas aren't their real names..
Reply 2
I thought Cas was a girl... opps
Reply 3
Oh and you shouldn't have a guy best friend, that should be your boyfriend.
Firstly, I have to disagree with the comment above about you not having a male best friend as that should be your boyfriend. All my close friends are girls and even though I'm not in a relationship and don't have a girlfriend I believe that you can still have a best friend of the same gender as your partner.

Now for your question, I believe that you should tell your boyfriend as your relationship should have honesty at it's core. It will probably cause some problems between your bf and your best friend but I think that you still need to tell him. And just make sure you make the situation very clear to your best friend of how you feel about him and how you want things to be.
Reply 5
Original post by Jamster1997
Firstly, I have to disagree with the comment above about you not having a male best friend as that should be your boyfriend. All my close friends are girls and even though I'm not in a relationship and don't have a girlfriend I believe that you can still have a best friend of the same gender as your partner.

Now for your question, I believe that you should tell your boyfriend as your relationship should have honesty at it's core. It will probably cause some problems between your bf and your best friend but I think that you still need to tell him. And just make sure you make the situation very clear to your best friend of how you feel about him and how you want things to be.

I definitely agree with this, You really need to be honest with your boyfriend and your best friend. Not telling your boyfriend about the kiss will cause even more problems- it'll be hard but it's your best option!
Good Luck :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by matt_g96

I thought Cas was a girl... opps

Lol and I have been friends with him for 10-11 years - so we are pretty close.

I love my boyfriend, but I disagree, I don't drop best friends per se..
Reply 7

Oh and thanks for the advice.
Reply 8
Original post by Jamster1997

Yeah, I see that's nice :smile:

Thanks this seems like really good advice, and I guess honesty is the best thing to do.

Pos :wink:
Reply 9
Original post by Nowshin_A
I definitely agree with this, You really need to be honest with your boyfriend and your best friend. Not telling your boyfriend about the kiss will cause even more problems- it'll be hard but it's your best option!
Good Luck :smile:

Ok thank you! :smile:

I will do so, I hope it goes okay :rolleyes:

Pos
Personally I think that if you can't have a best friend of the same sex of your partner then there isn't enough trust between you. You should be able to trust each other enough for both of you to have close friends of the same gender of the other.

Good luck though because I know it mustn't be an easy situation to be in.
Original post by Anonymous
Mods - Please keep this anon as people know me on here.

Will put names in here for convenience.

Best friend = Cas

Boyfriend = Matt

Cas and I have been friends with since 8 iirc and he kissed me today.

I like him as a friend but I never really wanted to pursue a relationship with him - as it is just really awkward, going out and perhaps more with your best friend.

I have a boyfriend, Matt though whom I really like and care about and have been going out with for 4 months.

I just feel really confused though. When Cas kissed me, it just happened really quickly. We were sitting down, and he told me that he really liked me and had done for a while. He then played with my hair and then pressed his lips against mine. It was like a soft kiss - but I knew that he meant which troubled me.

I told him I liked him, but only as a friend. I was in his house at the time. And I then just hurried out. I am just not sure what to do.

I want to be friends with Cas still but I don't know if I should tell Matt. I care about them both a lot. One thing though, is that Matt and Cas really dislike each other.

I thought that because I like Cas and Matt likes me, and Cas likes me and I like Matt - well then they should like eachother right?!

If its worth anything, in terms of looks they are both very attractive. I never really consider myself being with Cas... I consider myself lucky to have them as they are both great guys

I know that they both really care about me and me them. It's just firstly I don't know whether I should tell Matt as that could make things worse. Despite us going out, he gets jealous and annoyed when I spend time with Cas. And also Cas, said to me that he really likes me, and that "he has never felt like this, with anyone else". He was really gentle and sincere in doing this. I don't want to lose him as we are close but equally I love my boyfriend very much and I am in a committed relationship with him.

I would like everything to be like it was before. But I don't think that will happen :/

TLDR - Best friend kissed me. Best friend and boyfriend really hate eachother. Should I tell my boyfriend, or forget about it? What do I tell my best friend?

If I made errors I am sorry. Its late and I am tired.

Thanks for any advice :smile:

If your boyfriend and best friend don't like each other the don't tell him, it could only lead to fights and him getting more jealous which could affect the relationship with him. Maybe try making a list of the things you like about both of them and find some similarities and differences, and maybe try to come to a conclusion if you should date your Cas or not. But if you want to remain just friends with Cas then you need to tell him that and ensure that you don't lead him on (I'm not saying that you are) and just try to go back to the way things were.
Original post by Kinguin
If your boyfriend and best friend don't like each other the don't tell him, it could only lead to fights and him getting more jealous which could affect the relationship with him. Maybe try making a list of the things you like about both of them and find some similarities and differences, and maybe try to come to a conclusion if you should date your Cas or not. But if you want to remain just friends with Cas then you need to tell him that and ensure that you don't lead him on (I'm not saying that you are) and just try to go back to the way things were.

It has been 4 years xD
Original post by Switch01
It has been 4 years xD

LOL. So did you date cas? 😂
Reply 14
Well if your boyfriend is the jealous type - that's a bad thing. It means you'll have less freedom when seeing other dudes.
From your story I see Cas as the one. But again, I don't have a say to influence your decisions. It's just an opinion.
People ignoring the reality of our biological make up, innate desires, and think it's wise for a woman to have a male 'best friend'. There will always be a risk, even if it will vary, but always a notable risk.
so what happened?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending