The Student Room Group

McDonalds is overrated

Who else thinks that McDonalds is such an overrated fast food chain? I don't know any other shop that gets away with making synthetic pseudo-burgers that clearly do not taste like the real meat. When better shops like Burger King are around I see my friends going to McDonalds. At least if I was going to get a burger that was probably synthetic I'd get a tasty burger at the very least.

Inb4 chips taste nice, you would have only bought the chips then if you wanted the chips. Plus anyway they've been overrated for years, most McDs have soggy chips that just have a bit of salt added to it and everybody is happy, you probably get better slim chips from the chicken and chips shop down the road.

Scroll to see replies

I do not like their fries. They are too salty. I buy their chicken nuggets and a milkshake from there and go to my local fish and chips to buy a large portion of chips for 50p more. Talk about a bargain or what.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't had McDonalds in ages but when I do it's a Mc Chicken Sandwich anyway Burger King isn't better
I expect synthetic meat is probably more expensive to make than real meat. Meat content is actually one of the things McDonalds has going for it that not every burger-selling place can claim (and certainly not most takeaways).

McDonalds is safe and easy. And while the food is not luxury gourmet stuff, I think it's nice enough. Taste is subjective; I think Converse look **** but half my university wears them, tuna makes me feel sick but my brother loves it, and I don't find US sitcoms funny but lots of people do.

It's also really cheap. Price to taste ratio is pretty good and also quite important.
Reply 4
Original post by MidnightDream
I haven't had McDonalds in ages but when I do it's a Mc Chicken Sandwich anyway Burger King isn't better

Have you tasted the difference in quality between their burgers?

You guys are just looking at the price. You can taste the synthetic-ness of McDs burgers. Burger king is infinitely better in all respects, better crispy chips not that soggy nonsense and their burgers actually have meat in it.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Have you tasted the difference in quality between their burgers?

You guys are just looking at the price. You can taste the synthetic-ness of McDs burgers. Burger king is infinitely better in all respects, better crispy chips not that soggy nonsense and their burgers actually have meat in it.

I've had both, the chips aren't nicer and neither are the burgers but that's my opinion
Reply 6
McDonalds is really cheap though, you can get a meal practically for £2'ish (a happy meal/if you have a voucher on the back of your bus ticket/saver menu)

I love Subway and I'd rather go there but the sandwich I want always ends up costing £4 and Burger King seems ridiculously overpriced - my friend paid £5 just for a burger once with no chips.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by russellsteapot
I expect synthetic meat is probably more expensive to make than real meat. Meat content is actually one of the things McDonalds has going for it that not every burger-selling place can claim (and certainly not most takeaways).

McDonalds is safe and easy. And while the food is not luxury gourmet stuff, I think it's nice enough. Taste is subjective; I think Converse look **** but half my university wears them, tuna makes me feel sick but my brother loves it, and I don't find US sitcoms funny but lots of people do.

It's also really cheap. Price to taste ratio is pretty good and also quite important.

The first bit about synthetic meat was a joke. Just saying that it doesn't actually taste like real meat.

McDs has a decent price to taste ratio. Good price, poor taste imo. Was comparing it more to Burger kings burgers anyway, they have good meat content ratio too and it tastes like meat.
Definitely! I hate the place, I'd muuuuuch rather have a traditional fish n chips someplace nice :daydreaming:
Reply 9
Original post by corax
McDonalds is really cheap though, you can get a meal practically for £2'ish (a happy meal/if you have a voucher on the back of your bus ticket/saver menu)

I love Subway and I'd rather go there but the sandwich I want always ends up costing £4 and Burger King seems ridiculously overpriced - my friend paid £5 just for a burger once with no chips.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough, I get people buy it because it's cheap and most modern McDs have a good atmosphere compared to your local Chicken and chips shop(better standards of cooking too I guess) but still I'd rather pay extra for a tasty meal like BK/KFC. Like the lettuce you get at McD is soggy as hell and not crispy, it doesn't even seem like real lettuce, it's like they left it for weeks or they boiled the lettuce or something to lose its flavour.

I used to be a Subway lover, I have my criticisms with that, the price of the sandwich, lack of meat content etc so I don't go there as much as I used to. Had a double meat steak and cheese, that was amazing.
Burger King is just the same quality as McDonald's but with a higher price tag, IMO.

I love McD's. I always ask for no salt on my fries, because my body is fussy about salted food, and they're delicious :biggrin:
I agreed, I've never liked their food.
Reply 12
It is overrated but I actually prefer it to Burger King and KFC. They tend to be the big three anyway. BK is expensive and even though the burgers do taste more real, I still prefer McDs ones. Plus BK chips are awful. KFC is ok, and I tend to go there if I have to choose between the two, but McDs always post really cheap vouchers through my door, hence they win.

Haven't been to subway after I bought a ham sub, put it in the fridge overnight and it was mouldy the following morning. Plus it is overpriced for a sandwich anyway.

I think it is overrated though. I don't like it as much as a lot of people and would much rather go for a pub lunch, considering you can get them the same price as a fast food meal these days anyway.
Reply 13
Original post by snowyowl
Burger King is just the same quality as McDonald's but with a higher price tag, IMO.

I love McD's. I always ask for no salt on my fries, because my body is fussy about salted food, and they're delicious :biggrin:

Buy an angus, buy a big mac, then eat the two together.
After a night out clubbing, the best part of the night is always a big mac mmmm
Original post by snowyowl

You can ask for no salt on your chips. Why am i only finding out about this. :fuhrer:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Given their price, it's better quality than you expect.
Ahh McDonalds, so nice :love:
Reply 18
Original post by majmuh24
R U dumb bruv?

All I can have is the fish fillet, amd that's delicious, plus the chips and Mcflurry are amazing. I kind of want a Mcdonalds now :drool:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:coma:
Reply 19
Burger King use to have the best chips, but last time I went they were horrid.

McDonalds is okay. Their Milkshakes, Chicken McNuggets and Chicken Legends are my favourite items from the menu. But their beef burgers are dreadful, much prefer Burger King or my local kebab shop.

Quick Reply

Latest