The Student Room Group

Is technology ruining childhood? - Discursive Essay

Help with the above title and your views and good pros and cons I could mention? Thanks!
Is this focused towards their interaction with other people? I suppose that would fill most of your cons.
no i mean all these swings see saws are all made from machines which is technology so without this how would kids have fun... also technology enables easy extraction of data from the internet: google ..yeah..

cons: illicit material for kids...
Reply 3
It should be primarily your views, and that way you'll write a better essay.
But to give you some ideas, you could talk about the possible benfits of technology to education: IT literate young adults who can use their skills in the workplace, as a useful tool for researching information etc. I think the biggest problem at the moment is that technology is being used for the wrong reasons, but if kids can be taught to channel their use in a more constructive way then I dont see how technology can be considered a cause for ruining childhoods.
Just remember, though, choose things that you are confident in writing about because that way your real passion in each point you make will show through to the marker.

Posted from TSR Mobile
First of all, can you please tell us how you define 'childhood'. Quite difficult to expand on your points if the meaning of ' childhood' is still unclear.

Anyway, my thoughts are below :

It's ruining : Parents are pretty much occupied by technology inventions such as mobile phones, Ipad and TV. This causes them not having quality time with their own children. Does this make sense? Simply a suggestion of mine.

It's not ruining : TV has a lot of information-based kids programmes which are beneficial to children. Tonnes of fun channels are specifically*catered for children such as the Disney channel. Technology allows us to print a lot of copies of children storybooks and they are very much to the enjoyment of children.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending