The Student Room Group

How to cope with a date been cancelled?

Anon because she's on here
Well over the week I was getting really excited to meet someone from here and we planned the whole day, travel everything, then earlier today she cancels because of various reasons and now we're on a break. Everything took a drastic turn within a space of minutes, how do I make myself feel like I can do work again? and how can I retain faith in this girl? because I do love her and she loves me but she just keeps pushing me away at times like this.

This would've been my first ever date btw so that's why its quite a devastating blow to my confidence...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Maybe she's scared of meeting someone off the internet?
Reply 2
Original post by jay2013
Maybe she's scared of meeting someone off the internet?

See if it was this she would've said before planning stuff etc. She's seen what I look like, she knows what I'm like and I know shes real and I'm real and we were going to meet in a public place so I highly doubt this was the reason.
Original post by Anonymous
See if it was this she would've said before planning stuff etc. She's seen what I look like, she knows what I'm like and I know shes real and I'm real and we were going to meet in a public place so I highly doubt this was the reason.

Maybe she wants to see other people?
Reply 4
Original post by LogicDevelopment
Maybe she wants to see other people?

This is a possibility, actually I feel quite peeved now since she told me about a guy who asked her to meet up for coffee, I bet she's going to go ahead with this.

Sigh..................
Reply 5
Probably just nerves. Or she's a bloke.
This is a possibility, actually I feel quite peeved now since she told me about a guy who asked her to meet up for coffee, I bet she's going to go ahead with this.

Sigh..................

Do not let her manipulate you.
Reply 7
Original post by H0ls
Probably just nerves. Or she's a bloke.

I didn't ask for reasons... I asked about how I can back to my old self and begin working but still have faith in her. Besides I know the reasons.
Reply 8
Do not let her manipulate you.

Do you think I should pursue another girl during this break since we are technically not in a relationship and she basically cancelled on me? Like would that be a dick move by me or would that be understandable?
I didn't ask for reasons... I asked about how I can back to my old self and begin working but still have faith in her. Besides I know the reasons.

Stand her up for a date. That way if she is still interested, she is still interested. If not you will at least be even.
Reply 10

I don't really know why anyone would be overly upset about a stranger on the internet not wanting to meet them. IMO, it's arguably the same as pursing a stranger in a nightclub, the rejection hurts for five minutes then it's on to the next one. I wouldn't get too caught up with the scenario.
Reply 11
Anon because she's on here
Well over the week I was getting really excited to meet someone from here and we planned the whole day, travel everything, then earlier today she cancels because of various reasons and now we're on a break. Everything took a drastic turn within a space of minutes, how do I make myself feel like I can do work again? and how can I retain faith in this girl? because I do love her and she loves me but she just keeps pushing me away at times like this.

This would've been my first ever date btw so that's why its quite a devastating blow to my confidence...

Don't you think she's going to recognise the particular situation being described regardless of whether you're anon or not? :tongue:
Reply 12
Stand her up for a date. That way if she is still interested, she is still interested. If not you will at least be even.

I'm not interested in playing games, standing her up for a date sounds awfully harsh anyway. I could find it in me to cancel a date but not stand her up... but I really want to meet her so when it gets down it I highly doubt I can decline

Original post by H0ls
I don't really know why anyone would be overly upset about a stranger on the internet not wanting to meet them. IMO, it's arguably the same as pursing a stranger in a nightclub, the rejection hurts for five minutes then it's on to the next one. I wouldn't get too caught up with the scenario.

But its not like that though, like I talked to them when they got back from school everynight for something crazy like 5hrs, we did intimate stuff on skype and things online as well that we could do given the fact we weren't physically next to each other. I always used to stay up at night until she went to sleep and said sweet things to each other etc. You can't compare that to a nightclub, this has been going on for a few months pretty much everyday and I thought it was all speeding up as I was finally getting a date but then she cancels because other reasons.
Probably best you just move on to be honest. Just cut all contact.
I'm not interested in playing games, standing her up for a date sounds awfully harsh anyway. I could find it in me to cancel a date but not stand her up... but I really want to meet her so when it gets down it I highly doubt I can decline

You're aware that she is probably having sexual relations with other people. It is up to you if you desire to stay an emasculated cuckhold. Just do not expect any sympathy when you realise this too late.
Reply 15
Original post by ilem
Don't you think she's going to recognise the particular situation being described regardless of whether you're anon or not? :tongue:

Kinda don't mind if she sees it and she hasn't been on TSR for ages so no it'll probably get outspammed at some point

Original post by Holby_fanatic
Probably best you just move on to be honest. Just cut all contact.

Everyone tells me to do this but like do you think she'll just keep playing these games with me even after the break, like are people like this known to stay like this or do they eventually come around when their heads are screwed on properly?
There's no need to be a patronising ****, we've been talking non-stop for the past few months and we've been doing as many things together as possible online. There is such thing as online love at least I think there is... are you actually going to give me advice rather than put me down?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpvsoP6UDGM
Reply 17
Yes, a bit soul destroying this type of thing. Give it one more go and if it doesn't work out this time save yourself a lot of angst and knock it on the head.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 18
[QUOTE="LogicDevelopment;46394272"]

You're aware that she is probably having sexual relations with other people. It is up to you if you desire to stay an emasculated cuckhold. Just do not expect any sympathy when you realise this too late.

I don't think she is... though I'll never be sure. but that's a point to note I suppose...
Reply 19
Original post by Zarek
Yes, a bit sole destroying this type of thing. Give it one more go and if it doesn't work out this time save yourself a lot of angst and knock it on the head.

Thanks for the advice dude. I think I will give her 1 more chance, if she ****s with me again then I'm gone

Lol it's not like that kinda online thing, we just started talking on TSR then took it over to skype

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending