The Student Room Group

Gcse help please!!!!

Okay so basically I am going to have a huge meltdown, I am 15 years old and I'm in my last couple months of secondary school. I got my interim report and it didn't look too good.
Current Levels
English Language: D1
English Literature: D1
Mathematics: D2
Btec Principals of Science: M1 (High B grade)
PSHCE: D2
Btec Business & communication: P3 (Low C grade)
Product Design: E3
Media: B2

honestly this is poor, I would at least want to get all B's especially Maths and English. For product design, PSHCE and media I would happily accept C grades but of course I should try getting the highest grade possible. I honestly know I can improve in Maths, Business and English. Recently I have picked courses for Sixth form which were Maths, Business and Economics, Psychology and Physics. I know right now most of you would think I am crazy but I have been accepted to do these courses however I would need to get high grades, especially Btec science, to do physics I need to get an A in the Btec exam and the exam is 18 days away from today March 4th. At the moment I have been able to do 1-4 mark questions which there are a lot however there are three 6-9 questions at the back which will get that A, how can I prepare for that?

I am also having the same problem for maths Linear, I can do the 1-3/4 mark questions however the questions at the back have got me slipping up like circle theorems and simultaneous equations etc... Half term has just started; I am planning on doing 3 hours of science, 2 hours on maths and 1 hour on English notes. I find it hard to do sit myself down and revise, I really want to get the best grades possible and I am stressing like HELL!! I spoke to my sister and she said not to stress but I really can't rely on her because she didn't really get the best grades but she still went to sixth form, went to university and has a good job in business the world.

For product design I am going every lunch to catch up on course work, for business I need to get a merit which is a B overall and I have been doing some of that stuff at home, For media I hardly revise, I passed the mock without revising, I feel a little over confident but I find the work pretty basic, For PSHCE I pretty much F**ked myself up, I got an E in the controlled assessment and that was 60% percent of my grade, I asked my teacher to ask the head of the department if I can do it again and she said she’ll talk to her but every time I go to her she says she never saw her so I am leaving that for now.

But I hope you guys know that I really really really want to get the best grades possible, best way to revise and get stuff done without trying destroy my brain, I also find it hard to revise cause of my personal life, Friends, crush and family. Please help me?

P.S Sorry for the long message but this is probably the best place to express my feelings, people tell me anything that you think of.
Reply 1
Nobody can predict how you'll do in exams if you take matters into your owns hands, but there isn't a quick fix, revision really is the only option, if you are serious about doing the courses you have chosen at college, then your family, friends, and crush will have to take a back seat. Realise that your future is more important right now. I don't mean stop seeing them, or don't take any time to relax, because that's important for learning as well. I found it difficult to revise, and I solved that by using good quality textbooks (borrow some from school) and making flash cards of all the relevant information, go over the cards twice a day if you can, ask your friends to help, get them involved, after all, they must need to revise too. For English, go over structures for different text types, eg, poetry, prose, instructions, formal letters ect.
Good luck. X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending