The Student Room Group

Male fashion advice, dungarees.

Hi there, I'm studying in Scotland and I was just checking out topman. They recently have and still are selling dungarees for guys. Can anyone offer some advice on the matter and do guys really wear dungarees/would they get away with wearing them? I know loads of girls wear dungarees, but obviously that is a different matter. Thanks in advance guys. Also, I know on vintage websites like Rokit they sell dungarees as well.
Reply 1
Original post by Studentdude1
Hi there, I'm studying in Scotland and I was just checking out topman. They recently have and still are selling dungarees for guys. Can anyone offer some advice on the matter and do guys really wear dungarees/would they get away with wearing them? I know loads of girls wear dungarees, but obviously that is a different matter. Thanks in advance guys. Also, I know on vintage websites like Rokit they sell dungarees as well.

I've seen one guy wear them.

Not the best look.
Hmm, I can't say I've seen anyone wearing them. To be blunt, any young man wearing them for fashion is going to look ridiculous, but I suppose the key to high street 'fashion' is usually just making sure that you're not the only one looking silly in whatever absurd thing someone has decided to make (the fact that drop crotch chinos/nappy pants became quite 'normal' for teenage boys highlights this).

If you're comfortable being a pioneer, then you might as well get some if you really want them. You'll get six months of being laughed at before the first set of dungarees pop up for £5 in the ASOS sale and every Billy, Bob and Billy-Bob will (god forbid) have a pair by the end of the month. As you seem concerned by whether it's 'OK', maybe wait and see if they take off.
Reply 3
Original post by russellsteapot
Hmm, I can't say I've seen anyone wearing them. To be blunt, any young man wearing them for fashion is going to look ridiculous, but I suppose the key to high street 'fashion' is usually just making sure that you're not the only one looking silly in whatever absurd thing someone has decided to make (the fact that drop crotch chinos/nappy pants became quite 'normal' for teenage boys highlights this).

If you're comfortable being a pioneer, then you might as well get some if you really want them. You'll get six months of being laughed at before the first set of dungarees pop up for £5 in the ASOS sale and every Billy, Bob and Billy-Bob will (god forbid) have a pair by the end of the month. As you seem concerned by whether it's 'OK', maybe wait and see if they take off.

no, they just look pretty bad

like an overgrown child.
Reply 4
Whilst you should wear whatever you feel good in, I am afraid dungarees are not a good look, not on just men, but most women too (only a few females can carry it off to be honest)!
Reply 5
Original post by Studentdude1

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending