The Student Room Group

Came back to hall and found my bedroom door propped open!?

Scroll to see replies

Assuming you still have the door wedge and considering you don't feel safe, shove the wedge under the door from inside the room. Pretty much acts as a back-up lock; it'll be bloody hard to open the door.

Although I'm sure there's a simple explanation for it (:
You err..checked the wardrobe right? and....under the bed...right?

Reply 42
Original post by King Leonidas
A psychopath doesn't need to be pissed off to break into your room.

What film is that?
Original post by marinaim
will do, but my laptop is £1k and was right there..
tbh the worst bit is I can't think of a non-sinister reason for it

Yeah, try flipping that through Cex, Cash Converters, max you get is £250-300.... Thats why tangible crimes are a thing of the past, setting up bank accounts and CCs on students, thousands.
Reply 44
Original post by joey11223
You err..checked the wardrobe right? and....under the bed...right?

I'm gonna kill you all lol, why oh why do I have to have watched so many horrors...

Original post by TattyBoJangles
Assuming you still have the door wedge and considering you don't feel safe, shove the wedge under the door from inside the room. Pretty much acts as a back-up lock; it'll bloody hard to open the door.

Although I'm sure there's a simple explanation for it (:

Just did that :smile: along with chair and bags. thanks. think it will be a short sleep today, but I have a empty ish day..
Reply 45
Original post by SloaneRanger
Yeah, try flipping that through Cex, Cash Converters, max you get is £250-300.... Thats why tangible crimes are a thing of the past, setting up bank accounts and CCs on students, thousands.

fair point, just looked it goes for about £400-5oo on ebay. whereas I guess most students have a generous overdraft of <2k.
Original post by CF25
What film is that?

The Strangers, decent film.
Im at bristol to! Yay
Reply 48
Original post by King Leonidas
The Strangers, decent film.

Thanks.
Reply 49
Original post by NoGoodOnesLeft
Im at bristol to! Yay

Come guard me? :redface:
Come guard me? :redface:

Would depend entirely on the hall... I am rather comfortable up in stoke bishop :P
Reply 51
Would depend entirely on the hall... I am rather comfortable up in stoke bishop :P

I'm in luck I see haha
I'm in luck I see haha

ooh where abouts are you? :P Though given the creepy goings on you may not want to broadcast it to the world at large :L
Reply 53
ooh where abouts are you? :P Though given the creepy goings on you may not want to broadcast it to the world at large :L

it's old with big ol doors that should tell you!
it's old with big ol doors that should tell you!

I am your less fortunate neighbour then... I was sadly rejected from said hall :'( Now i have to cook for myself -.-
Reply 55
I am your less fortunate neighbour then... I was sadly rejected from said hall :'( Now i have to cook for myself -.-

Awhhhh! at least you tried! and don't have creepy people opening your door
Awhhhh! at least you tried! and don't have creepy people opening your door

Thats true... though tbf my door no longer locks.... the key is stuck in it after a drunken misadventure :frown: What course do you do? :smile:
i'll guard you :sexface:
Reply 58
Thats true... though tbf my door no longer locks.... the key is stuck in it after a drunken misadventure :frown: What course do you do? :smile:

Law :smile:
Law :smile:

Same :smile: 12pm start tomorrow because of a tutorial :frown: but still late :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest