The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Bangor 2014 - Where are you from?

I was wondering if the majority of students at Bangor University are Welsh?

If you're going to be starting Sept 2014 where are you from and what are you studying?

I'm going to be Studying Computer Information Systems and I'm from Watford.
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm already at Bangor but to answer your first question the majority of students I've met here are not Welsh. Only one out of 8 in my flat is Welsh and he's from somewhere near Cardiff so not local. 3 are exchange (1 Chinese, 2 American) and the rest are from England. :tongue:
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 2
I've applied for Bangor and I'm from the North West
I'm from the South West of England and hopefully I'm going to be studying Clinical Psychology in Bangor. :^_^:
I have got a place on the PGCE Secondary for Art and Design course at Bangor.

I'm from Wrexham - North Wales, but i don't really speak much welsh so i was wondering that also!
I've just put Bangor as my first choice! I'm going to be studying environmental science. I'm from Surrey! :biggrin:
Reply 6
I'm from Lincoln and I'll be studying history!
Reply 7
im from Wimbledon and Bangor is my first choice doing zoology with herpatology
Reply 8
hey i'm a 3rd year student and i can assure you, the majority here aren't welsh!! A lot of southerners come up here for some reason! maybe it's cheaper? Also there's quite a few from the northwest, north and north east, and A LOT from midlands. I think it's like most uni's full of people from all regions of the country and of course international students too, alot being from america, china, spain etc.
Reply 9
I'm from Brighton and i have been offered a place for Bsc Chemistry with industrial expierence. I'm also kinda worried also about this, as the university is in such a stunning location but its like 12 hours coach drive from me "_".
Reply 10
Im from Newcastle and looking to study Philosophy and English Lit

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I am from North Wales, basically Chester and speak absolutely no Welsh what so ever, I have a D grade S/C GCSE to prove it..

I think Bangor will be my firm option to study Bsc Hons Psychology (C400).

I've a lot of friends who study at Bangor who all say that a majority of students aren't Welsh, which is surprising as he location is absolutely fantastic.
Reply 12
I will be studying Biomedical Sciences and I'm from the Wirral. Thanks for posting this, I was thinking about this myself! :biggrin:
Reply 13
I am an international student from Hong Kong and I have been offered a place for Music BMus. Really want to meet more locals in Bangor and experience the culture in Wales. :flip:
Reply 14
I'm from Sheffield, just accepted my place to do environmental science exiting times.
Reply 15
I'm from South Wales, right on the border! Hoping to go to Bangor to study Sports Science (Outdoor Activities)!
Reply 16
Original post by chanelly
I am an international student from Hong Kong and I have been offered a place for Music BMus. Really want to meet more locals in Bangor and experience the culture in Wales. :flip:

Hey, wow, that's awesome. I am from North Wales and have applied to do psychology. The land scape and environment of the uni is amazing! However, due to about 70% of it's population being from the Uni you need to look around for the 'culture factor', you defiantly need to check out Angelsea as that's managed to maintain it's self better that Bangor as a city, but North Wales is a fantastic location to live! You'll love it here.

(Angelsea is kinda a small island which you can see from Bangor, literally less than a mile from the Uni it's self.. Has amazing beeches etc)
Original post by Jonbonbon
I'm from Sheffield, just accepted my place to do environmental science exiting times.

Same! Environmental science FTW!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
I will be studying Childhood studies, and I am from Manchester! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by ashjones1
Hey, wow, that's awesome. I am from North Wales and have applied to do psychology. The land scape and environment of the uni is amazing! However, due to about 70% of it's population being from the Uni you need to look around for the 'culture factor', you defiantly need to check out Angelsea as that's managed to maintain it's self better that Bangor as a city, but North Wales is a fantastic location to live! You'll love it here.

(Angelsea is kinda a small island which you can see from Bangor, literally less than a mile from the Uni it's self.. Has amazing beeches etc)

Comparing to Wales, Hong Kong is a really crowded place with constant streams of cars keep on coming... Can't wait to go Bangor this Sep!!:wink: However, I wonder how's the weather like coz people say it's always raining. Is it always in a cold weather/strong wind? I've checked that the temperature in Bangor is around 8- 10°C recently, however, as a hongkonger, 8°C is already very cold for us! (the temperature in HK usually around 11-15°C in winter and 25-32°C in summer)

Quick Reply

Latest