The Student Room Group

Your favorite pancake toppings?

Scroll to see replies

Melted white chocalate. Yum.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Whipped cream, bananas, berries, honey, or any combo thereof.
Reply 22
Original post by Bill_Gates
Does anyone have a good pancake recipe?!

Just like normal pancakes? Ours is 1 egg, 4 oz. white flour, half a pint of milk.

Lemon and sugar :drool:
Reply 23
Lemon and sugar- simple but delicious :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Nutella... a lot and a lot and a lot of nutella.
Reply 25
Mince....
caramel/chocolate sauce and ice cream :smile:
Bacon and maple syrup. The food of the gods
Reply 28
sliced peaches/nectarines with either cream or brown suger:biggrin: pancakes have to be hot though:O
SEMEN
Reply 30
Nutella + banana OR golden syrup
English or American pancakes I like maple syrup. :drool:
You mean some people have something on their pancakes other than lemon and sugar on Shrove Tuesday? Sacrilege!
Original post by Flauta
Just like normal pancakes? Ours is 1 egg, 4 oz. white flour, half a pint of milk.

Lemon and sugar :drool:

Yeh, thanks. Is it a good recipe?! :tongue:
American style pancakes bacon and maple syrup never goes amiss!
Reply 35

I'm obviously a bit biased 'cos it's the one my family always uses, but it's lush. It makes the flat british ones not the weird big fluffy american ones.
Pineapple cooked in butter and cinnamon on a crepe pancake.
Original post by Flauta
I'm obviously a bit biased 'cos it's the one my family always uses, but it's lush. It makes the flat british ones not the weird big fluffy american ones.

Thanks Bud, you are free to come over for pancakes any time :smile:
Reply 38

That's the same as the recipe I use. Use plain flour, not self raising. Vegetable oil not olive oil to grease the pan. Move the pan around to spread it. Toss it when it has dried out on the top.
Reply 39
I had ham, fried egg, grated cheddar and brown sauce in a pancake (actually, 2 pancakes, like a sandwich) for lunch today and it was delicious.

Another favourite savoury option is bacon, fried mushrooms and cheese and spinach sauce. I was brought up not to ask for sweet pancakes until I'd eaten my tea.

On Shrove Tuesday I think it's got to be a traditional lemon and sugar pancake, but nutella is always good. Mmm, nutella, sliced banana and whipped cream.

I once had a crepe with creme de marrons, whipped cream and a splash of rum, which was pretty tasty.

Quick Reply

Latest