The Student Room Group

F215 OCR biology revision thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2520
Which q was this?
Reply 2521
Matching up codominance, sex linkage etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by #FutureDentist
You know the table where you had to write the letters ABCDE etc .... Does anyone remember what the different options were??
I can't remember what I wrote...

There was red and white flowers making pink I put that as codominance
there was one about haemophilia and I put that as sex linkage
there was one about the shell colour of snails two white ones producing some that were stripy or something and I don't remember what I put for that one
and there were two more that I kept getting muddled and I can't remember them
Original post by amar9kan
I reckon I've got at least 64. Will this be a B?! If not what do you think wil be?!

I think last year 64 was an A :smile:
Original post by Cherry1695
There was red and white flowers making pink I put that as codominance
there was one about haemophilia and I put that as sex linkage
there was one about the shell colour of snails two white ones producing some that were stripy or something and I don't remember what I put for that one
and there were two more that I kept getting muddled and I can't remember them

Ah thanks! Yeah I remember the codominance one.. Rest are a blurr!
Hoping in the exam I actually did it right *prays*
Okay now I'm leaving this thread - time to enjoy summer! Will be back on results day **shudders**

Hope everyone have a lovely summer :biggrin: xxxx
Gosh less than 2 weeks left...
Back to calculating what I think I've got :frown:

Ahh need to distract myself somehow for these 10 days
Gosh less than 2 weeks left...
Back to calculating what I think I've got :frown:

Ahh need to distract myself somehow for these 10 days

Oh gosh. After F214 I've been scarred for life. To think before that exam I had been doing better in F214 past papers and mocks over F215 not so sure now. Good bye to my A.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AmmaBrownie
Oh gosh. After F214 I've been scarred for life. To think before that exam I had been doing better in F214 past papers and mocks over F215 not so sure now. Good bye to my A.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bio is so unpredictable though! You think you've done badly but you might have actually gotten quite a few marks :smile: F214 was strange... F215 I'm just hoping is low & I've picked up marks!! 60-62 for an A in it will be a godsend.
Hope we both get our A's!
I'm clinging on to the single shred of hope that it has to work out
Bio is so unpredictable though! You think you've done badly but you might have actually gotten quite a few marks :smile: F214 was strange... F215 I'm just hoping is low & I've picked up marks!! 60-62 for an A in it will be a godsend.
Hope we both get our A's!
I'm clinging on to the single shred of hope that it has to work out

Yeah which is a shame as I am planning on studying Biology at QM, offer is ABB and I thought biology was my only chance at getting an A. I re did F212 also, hoping for the best UMS. Yeah so am I,I haven't had a break down yet, so that's a good sign. What other subjects did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AmmaBrownie
Yeah which is a shame as I am planning on studying Biology at QM, offer is ABB and I thought biology was my only chance at getting an A. I re did F212 also, hoping for the best UMS. Yeah so am I,I haven't had a break down yet, so that's a good sign. What other subjects did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I'm sure you'll be fine then! I've got an AAA offer so fingers crossed I got that... I did Chem & Maths. Chem I'm also praying I've done enough!
Yeah neither, I'm just pretending like I've got in and doing Uni prep to distract myself haha
Oh I'm sure you'll be fine then! I've got an AAA offer so fingers crossed I got that... I did Chem & Maths. Chem I'm also praying I've done enough!
Yeah neither, I'm just pretending like I've got in and doing Uni prep to distract myself haha

Oh gosh that's a lot of pressure. I dropped Chem at the end of AS, which was unfortunate, but probably the best decision looking back.
I'm sure you have, what University have you firmed if you don't mind me asking. OCR A Chem? Alongside Biology, I also did Psychology and Economics. Hope you get your grades, I'm sure you've worked hard enough!

Posted from TSR Mobile
f214 and f215 were both solid this year so idk i only needed a high C to get a B this year but i'm scared that may not happen :frown:
Original post by krishkmistry
f214 and f215 were both solid this year so idk i only needed a high C to get a B this year but i'm scared that may not happen :frown:

They are always solid though.
I need the same thing as you, hope we've got it!!
Does anyone know what percentage of the marks for the whole A Level A2 coursework makes up?
Original post by student_1995
Does anyone know what percentage of the marks for the whole A Level A2 coursework makes up?

10%.
Original post by MarkProbio
10%.

Okay good, it's not too significant. Read that as 100% at first and panicked:tongue:
I saw that this thread had been updated and it brought back all of the thoughts of the frogs and the bees that were in this exam! Both f214 and f215 this year were a bit strange (in my opinion) a good lot of suggest questions! Which makes me anxious as I can't predict how many marks I may have got! I have a high B for AS, literally a few marks off an A, so I need a B to secure my B, but after F214 I honestly felt like the world had imploded because F214 (in my opinion) is sooooo much easier, and I had been getting 54/55 marks in all past papers, so I don't even think I have a B. But f215 wasn't too bad. Just suggest questions that can screw people over.

Which brings me back to my point of that those suggest questions make it hard to predict. God I hope I get a B. If I get an A I may actually have a heart attack.

Ramble over :smile:)
Original post by lucindaellaaa
I saw that this thread had been updated and it brought back all of the thoughts of the frogs and the bees that were in this exam! Both f214 and f215 this year were a bit strange (in my opinion) a good lot of suggest questions! Which makes me anxious as I can't predict how many marks I may have got! I have a high B for AS, literally a few marks off an A, so I need a B to secure my B, but after F214 I honestly felt like the world had imploded because F214 (in my opinion) is sooooo much easier, and I had been getting 54/55 marks in all past papers, so I don't even think I have a B. But f215 wasn't too bad. Just suggest questions that can screw people over.

Which brings me back to my point of that those suggest questions make it hard to predict. God I hope I get a B. If I get an A I may actually have a heart attack.

Ramble over :smile:)

Just thinking about frogs and bees induces an aneurysm. :angry: F215 was mildly traumatic. F214 was... interesting. The vegetables really screwed me over, as did the bit about that diabetic guy :L
Well done on the high B in AS! I literally scraped an A in AS, so I think we're in similar boats? :biggrin: (Although I have a feeling you'll probably do better than me!).
Praying to the Biology gods for low grade boundaries. Amen.
definitely low boundaries for both papers. 43 and 63 my guess for an A
Original post by Basit2010
definitely low boundaries for both papers. 43 and 63 my guess for an A

Praying for that! Or lower :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending