The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

Canterbury Christ Church Uni (CCCU) adult nursing 2014

Hi everyone,

I am currently studying Access to HE at Canterbury College and I have an interview at CCCU in March for adult nursing.

I would love to make contact with anyone that has also applied this year :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hi

I am starting in sep 14 in CCCU medway campus, I had interview and my offer last year but deferred entry till 2014, which campus you are going to?

I am currently studying Access to HE at Canterbury College and I have an interview at CCCU in March for adult nursing.

I would love to make contact with anyone that has also applied this year :biggrin:
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Hey

I've applied for Adult Nursing for September 2014, my interview is on Tuesday and i'm sooo scared!
Is there any advice you could give me?

Thankyou! :smile:
Reply 3
Hi Vikki,

Your interview is Next Tuesday do you mean? I thought they weren't starting until after 17th March?

Do you feel prepared? Is this your first time applying?

I'm nervous too, but very excited! :-)
Reply 4
Hi,

ive be applied for Canterbury campus because I live in the Dover area. :-)

Original post by mon06
hi

I am starting in sep 14 in CCCU medway campus, I had interview and my offer last year but deferred entry till 2014, which campus you are going to?

Reply 5
I also have an interview at Canterbury in March. Nervous but excited
Hey everyone I have an interview for adult nursing at Canterbury on the 11th March next week! Really nervous. Has anyone else got one on the same day? Xx
Reply 7
as I said I had my interview last year for deferred entry but I can tell you what we had. First you have numeracy and literacy test, then after lunch, providing you passed those two, they showed us a short film. We had to watch it and then we had a group interview ( about 5-6 people in a group ) where we had to discuss what we watched, they were assessing us as for how well can we work in a group, speaking , listening and understanding. you need to make sure you speak but at the same time don't be overpowering and let others have their say.
After the group interview we were called one by one to the room where we had about 10-15min individual interviews
Reply 8
Anyone going for Medway campus for September ?
Reply 9
Original post by mon06
as I said I had my interview last year for deferred entry but I can tell you what we had. First you have numeracy and literacy test, then after lunch, providing you passed those two, they showed us a short film. We had to watch it and then we had a group interview ( about 5-6 people in a group ) where we had to discuss what we watched, they were assessing us as for how well can we work in a group, speaking , listening and understanding. you need to make sure you speak but at the same time don't be overpowering and let others have their say.
After the group interview we were called one by one to the room where we had about 10-15min individual interviews

It's the maths test I'm dreading. More because I can be distracted in exam condition and not perform as well as I could. Are the questions similar
to those on SNAP NHS?
Reply 10
Original post by VikkiLouiise
Hey

I've applied for Adult Nursing for September 2014, my interview is on Tuesday and i'm sooo scared!
Is there any advice you could give me?

Thankyou! :smile:

Vicki, how did your interview go? :-)
Original post by Chicken lady
It's the maths test I'm dreading. More because I can be distracted in exam condition and not perform as well as I could. Are the questions similar
to those on SNAP NHS?

Same I'm scared about the maths exam :frown:
Reply 12
Original post by Rachycartwright
Hey everyone I have an interview for adult nursing at Canterbury on the 11th March next week! Really nervous. Has anyone else got one on the same day? Xx

I was meant to have mine on 11th March but couldn't get the day off work, so now I've got to wait till 8th April. Sooo annoying, another month to be worrying about it. wish i could just get it over and done with now. good luck on Tuesday :-)
Reply 13
Original post by AngeB
I was meant to have mine on 11th March but couldn't get the day off work, so now I've got to wait till 8th April. Sooo annoying, another month to be worrying about it. wish i could just get it over and done with now. good luck on Tuesday :-)

Oh no, how frustrating! Is there no way of someone covering?

You should have pulled a sicky ;-)

Does your current place of employment know that you are applying to uni?
Reply 14
Oh no, how frustrating! Is there no way of someone covering?

You should have pulled a sicky ;-)

Does your current place of employment know that you are applying to uni?

Getting time off is a mission with short notice. I couldn't pull a sicky after already asking for the day off, but wishing i had gone for that option! They don't know I've applied, but am looking forward to being able to hand in my resignation in May...... fingers crossed Xxx
Reply 15
Original post by AngeB
Getting time off is a mission with short notice. I couldn't pull a sicky after already asking for the day off, but wishing i had gone for that option! They don't know I've applied, but am looking forward to being able to hand in my resignation in May...... fingers crossed Xxx

Yes, I am too looking forward to handing in my resignation (fingers crossed!). I like my job, but bored of it, and bored of the routine. I want to face some new challenges and a bit of variety :-)

I'm looking forward to the interview, but dreading the maths test. Mainly because I don't know what to expect!
Reply 16
Yes, I am too looking forward to handing in my resignation (fingers crossed!). I like my job, but bored of it, and bored of the routine. I want to face some new challenges and a bit of variety :-)

I'm looking forward to the interview, but dreading the maths test. Mainly because I don't know what to expect!

I'm dreading the maths too. Have been doing the NHS Snap questions, but some just seem to go way over my head! It's a long time since I've done maths, but I'm hoping that I'm worrying too much. It says its only 20 minutes and we get a calculator, so fingers crossed it won't be too difficult.
Reply 17
Original post by AngeB
I'm dreading the maths too. Have been doing the NHS Snap questions, but some just seem to go way over my head! It's a long time since I've done maths, but I'm hoping that I'm worrying too much. It says its only 20 minutes and we get a calculator, so fingers crossed it won't be too difficult.

Yes, I use the snap NHS too. Some are worded strangely and confused more than they need to! Ha ha

I have to try and ignore the wording and see the maths questions that is there; easier said than done!

I'm guessing the test with have similar questions. But from what I've heard from others that have taken tests at CCCU, they are aren't too tricky and
involve basic maths. I guess it also
depends on what percentage is needed to pass?!
Goodluck guys :smile:
Reply 19
Hi!
I had my CCCU interview in few for adult nursing at Medway!
They were really comforting and understanding there as it is a nerve wrecking time for us being interviewed!
You start with a PowerPoint about the uni, the course and what is expected. They talk about parking, placements and accommodation and about the areas (main campus at canterbury aswell!)
after that you have a maths and English test (you are required to get 40% or above as that's the pass mark for year 1)
whilst they are marking your tests you then go on a campus tour, you have lunch and then they tell you whether you have passed or not (groups will be taken out to go for interview, whoever left goes home I guess...)
you have a group discussion which isn't long, then you have your individual interview.
Overall I found the day really good! Hope I got in, it's my first choice :-)

hope this helps!!

Quick Reply

Latest