The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick MSc Business (accounting and finance) vs Queen Mary MSc Accounting and Financ

Hi everyone!

I originally applied for the MSc Accounting and Finance for both universities. I got an offer from QMUL, Warwick however, declined on the basis that my graduate programme was too general (studied B.A. business administration with a concentration on Finance/Accounting) and that I would be better suited for their MSc Business (Accounting and Finance).

So my question now is should I study the Accounting and Finance at QMUL or the Business (accounting and finance) at Warwick?

I want to work in a finance related field after my graduation. Investment banking, private equity, M&A, VC. However, consulting and management would also be ok. Also, I am interested in working both in and outside of the UK.

So the question is if the name of Warwick will be more helpful in getting these kinds of jobs, even though the programme might not be the most suitable one (?), OR if the programme is more important than the name of the uni when it comes to getting these kinds of jobs, so that studying Accounting and Finance at QMUL would be better than studying Business (accounting and finance) at Warwick.

I am looking forward to hearing from you guys! Thanks a lot!!

B.H.
@Hejhejster - m curious to know that which option you took in the end? I am in a similar situation and want some feedback. My case is same as yours: business background->got rejected for msc finance programs due to background->got options from Durham, Warwick,Glasgow, Edinburgh etc to take msc management (finance) or similar programs.

Can Warwick's msc business (accounting and finance) help me in getting into asset management roles?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
I am in the same situation. Applied for ms finance and got the offer for msc business (financial management) instead.
I also got offers from cass and kings college

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending