The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Primary PGCE @ Leeds

Hey,

I have my conditional offer at Leeds for September which I've accepted. Is anyone else starting? (I'm 7-11 age range)

I'm thinking of living at IQ as I want to take my car and it looks good! Is anyone else living there or can recommend somewhere good (with parking) for post-grads?

Emily

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Pennine house
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by Emilyjb3
Hey,

I have my conditional offer at Leeds for September which I've accepted. Is anyone else starting? (I'm 7-11 age range)

I'm thinking of living at IQ as I want to take my car and it looks good! Is anyone else living there or can recommend somewhere good (with parking) for post-grads?

Emily

I have accepted the same, but I live not too far from Leeds so may commute! Where are you from?
Reply 3
Original post by sultanofswing
I have accepted the same, but I live not too far from Leeds so may commute! Where are you from?

I'm from Manchester :smile:

I contemplated commuting myself however I fancy a year away from home! haha
I think the thing what put me off staying in Leeds is if you get sent to a school far away and end up commuting anyway lol! The place you looked at is nice but expensive!
Reply 5
Original post by mattyb13
Pennine house

That does look nice and I'll consider it definitely, however I could eat steak 7 nights a week for the difference in rent between there and IQ haha!

Reply 6
I think the thing what put me off staying in Leeds is if you get sent to a school far away and end up commuting anyway lol! The place you looked at is nice but expensive!

How far can placements be :s ?
Reply 7
That does look nice and I'll consider it definitely, however I could eat steak 7 nights a week for the difference in rent between there and IQ haha!

Hahahah sorry
How far can placements be :s ?

When I asked at Interview, they said they have schools in oldham, leeds bradford, wakefield and out into east yorkshire. I know they send to my town which is in North Yorkshire too, you get two contrasting schools so probably a city one and something slightly more rural. They do ask you I think though...
Reply 9
Original post by mattyb13
Hahahah sorry

Don't apologise haha... only joking :smile:
Reply 10
When I asked at Interview, they said they have schools in oldham, leeds bradford, wakefield and out into east yorkshire. I know they send to my town which is in North Yorkshire too, you get two contrasting schools so probably a city one and something slightly more rural. They do ask you I think though...

Arghh.. I live in manchester but I'm not far from Oldham at all. If I moved to Leeds and ended up on placement in Oldham I would be gutted haha! :frown:
Arghh.. I live in manchester but I'm not far from Oldham at all. If I moved to Leeds and ended up on placement in Oldham I would be gutted haha! :frown:

Its a risk I suppose but it depends if you fancy living in Leeds for a year! Did you live away for uni?
Reply 12
Its a risk I suppose but it depends if you fancy living in Leeds for a year! Did you live away for uni?

I've booked my Leeds accommodation now :smile: Moving in IQ.

I technically lived at home for my undergrad. I stayed in Manchester because of my now ex. so I'm ready to escape now hahaha :biggrin:
Hi Emily,

I've accepted my place at Leeds for primary PGCE too, I'm ding the 5-9 range though. Struggling with the accommodation decisions myself. I only live in Huddersfield which is easily commutable but like you I fancy a year away from home!

Gillian x
I have in fact just booked a room in IQ for next year too. Thanks for the recommendation... Guess I might meet you in September?
I'll be starting at Leeds in September doing Primary PGCE 5-9 and I'll be commuting from home which is in Oldham. Would anyone be against starting up a facebook group so we could get to know each other before we start? Slightly bummed out about leaving uni and coming home so would be great to have something to get excited about!
Chris
x
I think that sounds like a great idea. It would be nice to know some names before we're all thrown in at the deep end.

Speaking as someone who has been working for the last few years, I'm pretty excited about heading off to university again. Though, from everything I've been told I don't think we'll have any time to enjoy the student life!
Well I'm under Christopher Mundy, feel more than free to add me. Need to have at least two of us to get the group up and running! Then hopefully if other people search it they can find it!
Chris
Reply 18
Hey just seen this thread :smile: I'm starting Primary PGCE 7-11 at Leeds in September too!
I'm commuting though as I live quite near to Leeds. How's anyone found all the pre-course tasks?
Original post by _RachelW
Hey just seen this thread :smile: I'm starting Primary PGCE 7-11 at Leeds in September too!
I'm commuting though as I live quite near to Leeds. How's anyone found all the pre-course tasks?

Hi, I'm also start starting the PGCE in September (7-11years) and I'll be commuting, where will you be travelling from? I haven't started any of the pre course tasks yet, not sure I was told about them, what are they? Xx
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest