The Student Room Group
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds

Leeds Met Dietetics students

Hi all,

Just firmed my choice for Dietetics! Anyone else doing it here and accepted?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi I have got onto Leeds as well :biggrin:
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds
Reply 2
Hey ! Good to hear :smile: excited?
Reply 3
I have got an offer from them, but I'm not sure if I should choose them or Surrey. Got any idea about which one of them is the best for an international student? :smile:
Reply 4
They both have their perks. I chose Leeds as I felt a lot more comfortable there then Surrey. Surrey seems very broad approach then focusing on dietetics later in the years. However Leeds seemed to go straight into it with everything very focused on dietetics. I was also impressed with the amount of information given, their run-through of the course on their website whereas Surrey had little compared. The other main deciding factor was that it offers a non-clinical placement which allows us to look at the private sector for jobs. That can only be an advantage!

Edit: http://proms.leedsmet.ac.uk/main/prog.htm?t=p&i=DIETA check that link to see their in-depth look into the course.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
Maybe Leeds is the place for me to be then. I've heard it's a lot cheaper to live in Leeds rather than Surrey, and I don't mind a little cheaper to be honest :smile: Thank you very much :wink: I'm very exited to get started!
Reply 6
Accepted Leeds as firm choice :smile: Now just need to find somewhere to live!
Reply 7
Is this for undergrad or postgrad?
Reply 8
Undergrad for me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Undergrad for me too. I've applied for Carlton Hill as it is only a few minutes away and it seems just as nice as anywhere else :smile:. Reasonably priced compared to such things as Opal as well. Yeah after Halls (the first year if you want to live there) it seems to be way cheaper. 75quid for rent, thats crazy compared to where I live; couldn't get a shed for that!
Reply 10
I'll be looking at private housing rather than halls. I'm an oldie (26) and currently work in student accommodation so know what it's like and couldn't cope with living in halls. Too noisy and messy! Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Emmad429
I'll be looking at private housing rather than halls. I'm an oldie (26) and currently work in student accommodation so know what it's like and couldn't cope with living in halls. Too noisy and messy! Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm 24 myself. However I don't know anyone north of Bristol so i figured halls will be the best way to meet some people. I've applied for the 21 and over but to be honest I am happy to go with whoever as long as they are nice!
Reply 12
Original post by chris.garside
I'm 24 myself. However I don't know anyone north of Bristol so i figured halls will be the best way to meet some people. I've applied for the 21 and over but to be honest I am happy to go with whoever as long as they are nice!

21 and over? Is there a specific property for that or do they just allocate flats as best they can?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am not sure. It's at Carlton Hill so I presume it will be best they can. If you are interested it would be worth giving them a ring. But you can select loud/quiet clean/untidy 18-21/21+ So i have gone quiet clean and 21+. Lets hope lol
Reply 14
Oh... Yeah, I've lived there before and my friend lives there now. Good luck! :smile: think I'm going to take my chances with private houses in headingley or kirkstall. Is Leeds your firm choice then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Indeed it is. I preferred it over the other unis and the non-clinical placement was a big push towards it. Plus Leeds is so cheap!
Reply 16
Yeah, the amount of placement time swayed me too :smile: and the facilities seem great. Just need to get the grades I need now! Which is looking less likely the more I procrastinate over my chemistry assignment :/ Do you need to wait for results or you already on unconditional?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No I am waiting on my results but so far I have got Distinctions all round on my access course. Got 5 assignments and an exam left so getting there! My course is so intense - 107 assignments at roughly 1500-2000 words over 30 something weeks! I can't wait to go to uni to do less work again! :P
Reply 18
That's insane! What access course are you doing? I have one exam and one assignment left to do :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Access to Science at Truro College, Cornwall. Yourself?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending