The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Advertising and Marketing

Hello,
I was offered a place to study Advertising and Marketing at Lancaster University. I am afraid that given the fact that there is little time spent at the university studying and 80% is individual studying ,I will not be very well trained. I want to ask about the studying experience and also about the city which I can see it is quite small and the atmosphere depressing.
Reply 1
Hi there,

I'm in my final year of the Advertising and Marketing course at Lancaster and I've really enjoyed the course and life at the uni. The content is really interesting and the staff have loads of industry experience, plus the marketing course which the degree is mostly made up of was rated best in the UK last year! The course gives loads of great training and experience, and the management school at the uni make sure that you have the best chance of a successful career after you graduate. The studying isn't too individual, there's a lot of group work and contact time with lecturers and tutors - and you can always visit them in their offices if you need extra help. The student community and campus are brilliant too, there's a load of societies and student groups to get involved with.

In terms of the city Lancaster is a great place for students, I wouldn't say it was depressing at all! It's a beautiful area and there's plenty to do at great prices - Manchester and Liverpool aren't far away either if you want to visit large cities.

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions let me know :smile:

Jed
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi Jed

I am hoping to apply to some colleges for masters in marketing and advertising. I have Lancaster on mind too.

Do tell me about the career prospects after you graduate form there.

Thanks
Jennifer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending