The Student Room Group

Comparison of Adventure of Huckleberry Finn & Catcher in the Rye

Does anyone happen to know a chapter in Catcher in the Rye that would be perfect to compare with chapter 31 of Huck Finn that is linked with the theme of rejection?. Thank You.
ERM, can't remember the chapter, but when Holden wants to make a move on that girl he meets, and she doesn't want to and then he has a hissy fit about it. So you could explore rejection in that sense. He gets rejected a few times. Another time in the novel, when he gets kicks out of his school because of some other reason. You could explore the theme of rejection there.

Sorry I can't be much use! I hated the novel and I made a vow that I shall never pick it up ever AGAIN aha!
Reply 2
Original post by Cool_JordH
ERM, can't remember the chapter, but when Holden wants to make a move on that girl he meets, and she doesn't want to and then he has a hissy fit about it. So you could explore rejection in that sense. He gets rejected a few times. Another time in the novel, when he gets kicks out of his school because of some other reason. You could explore the theme of rejection there.

Sorry I can't be much use! I hated the novel and I made a vow that I shall never pick it up ever AGAIN aha!

Aha I can understand what you mean, I don't enjoy it either but my coursework is on it.. But yeah thanks for the help, kinda makes it a bit easier.

Quick Reply

Latest