The Student Room Group

Why do girls like Doctors so much?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by nocoolusername
The doctors have money and they save lives. But dont policemen and firemen do that.

Firemen tend to be more built than doctors and work in more dangerous environments.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think doctors generally get paid more than police and firemen do. And a quite a few women dont find a man who works in a dangerous environment a turn-on either.

@OP: I dont know, I used to work in a hospital myself and still didnt get it. I think its probably intelligence and as others have said money.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Doctors epitomise many attractive qualities: intelligent, authoritative, caring, well off, respected, etc.
Reply 22
As a medical student studying this thread, I'm wondering where I'm going wrong. I haven't found women to be more likely to go out with me than any of my non-medic mates.
It's that they have that heroic swagger. They save lives. It's a status thing.
Even I have to admit that being a doctor is a bleeding sexy profession. *mops brow* Dentist however. Hmmm. Not so sexy. The money I hear is better being a dentist rather than a doctor but it's a profession that freaks me out. All those drills? No thanks.
to be able to say 'oh yeah, my husbands's a doctor' and obviously the £££££££££££££££££
It's very attractive when they can really intelligently start explaining stuff. All that stored knowledge. Dedication too. Don't know how it compares to other professions though. My partner works in recycling and is very dedicated to his job. Dedicated enough to repeatedly enter a burning building to save some machines, the fool.
It's mostly about status and that whole 'My partner saves lives' sort of attitude. However, I tend to be attracted to English, History and Physics students myself because I'm hoping to study dentistry and find too much clinical talk bores me, I'd like to have a partner that has different passions to me.
Original post by BrummyBrah
I'm studying History but all my mates doing Medicine seem to get tons of girls. We went out once and as soon as they said they were doing Medicine , all the girls started getting really flirty etc.

They ain't the best looking or best built either lol

It's unfair!!!!! :frown:

most of the time they are the best looking(no homo)

a load of them at my uni are 6ft+ muscular guys, so go figure

play hard work hard atitude( med students probably are the most disciplined) , most are ripped or muscular, confident etc
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 28
when I say I work in IT the convo usualy dies lol

I try and make it sound as fashionable as I can (I work with apps) lol

but yeh, they probably attracted by the potential future income, either that or the cockyness/arrogance/confidence that these guys might have anyway and or as a side product of studying medicine, being intelligent/in a good field is a real ego boost for some!
Reply 29
And on the other side of the spectrum are Engineers
Reply 30
Original post by Technetium
Ugh, I do understand this either. My friends are all like "Oooh I want my boyfriend to study Medicine. Medics are so sexy" meanwhile there's me who thinks the Physicists/Mathematicians are the hot ones and they're looking at me as if I have lost the plot. :rolleyes:

There needs to be more girls like you haha, I'm going to be both :sexface:

Meanwhile most girls look at us just like :lolwut:
Original post by TheBBQ
There needs to be more girls like you haha, I'm going to be both :sexface:

Meanwhile most girls look at us just like :lolwut:

Ahh the Mathematical Physicist.. such a rare species. :rolleyes:

But yeah, most people are like :lolwut:... it's their loss I suppose.
status, wealth, intelligence, confidence, reassurance.... they're basically the evolutionary poster boys for reproduction.
Reply 33
Original post by Technetium
Ahh the Mathematical Physicist.. such a rare species. :rolleyes:

But yeah, most people are like :lolwut:... it's their loss I suppose.

Well I've applied for Maths & Physics joint honours.. I'll see where I end up :biggrin:

Even worse is that there aren't many girls who do either Maths or Physics :frown:
Intelligence is very attractive.
My ex was a medic. But he was just fanciable anyway. If he'd looked or behaved any differently I may not have fancied him regardless of his doctor status.
Reply 36
Original post by Robbie242
£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

YES YES YES
i'm a girl and this (^) is it.

EDIT:also lawyers and future investment bankers.
Reply 37
Original post by P357
YES YES YES
i'm a girl and this (^) is it.

EDIT:also lawyers and future investment bankers.

Why hello there :sexface: (or an actuary which earns 100k a year :tongue:)
Reply 38
Original post by MidnightDream
It's usually because they save lives of course the money is also a factor

money is the main factor
Original post by Robbie242
£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

I dont think this is the case. As it stands I could definitely earn more than an (NHS) doctor

Quick Reply

Latest