The Student Room Group

How much time would you need to get all A* in the following GCSE exams?

There is not much time left around 2months before the first papers of each exams start. I am worried that this is not enough time i am trying to finish all my notes of so by the end of February i can start to memorise everything. Shall i start to put more time into studies meaning waking up early.

Maths
Additional Maths FSMQ
Physics
Biology
Chemistry
History
Geography
English Lit.
English Lang.
Statistics
French
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Acrux
There is not much time left around 2months before the first papers of each exams start. I am worried that this is not enough time i am trying to finish all my notes of so by the end of February i can start to memorise everything. Shall i start to put more time into studies meaning waking up early.

Maths
Additional Maths FSMQ
Physics
Biology
Chemistry
History
Geography
English Lit.
English Lang.
Statistics
French

What about
Lang
Lit
Maths
Core Sci
additional Sci
Geog
RE
Drama
Spanish
business
Reply 2
Anyone have any ideas?
Reply 3
Reply 4
If already know everything and start revising by February and do the exams in June you'll be fine but there's no point on having so many subjects but yeah whatever it will give you a lot of A level opportunities ^^

Posted from TSR Mobile
The top mark in additional maths FSMQ is an A
Probably about 3 years if you don't want to be working über hard.
I was in the position you were in now, I was determined to finish my notes off. My advice to you is if you can't get them done by the end of feb leave it and just learn straight out of your revision guide/textbook. If you work hard now I don't see why you couldn't get A*s, you don't have to get up early just make sure you're using the time you have left efficiently - good luck :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by AWJChadders
Probably about 3 years if you don't want to be working über hard.

Thanks for the encouraging post. sigh.
Reply 9
Original post by Acrux

Maths
Additional Maths FSMQ
Physics
Biology
Chemistry
History
Geography
English Lit.
English Lang.
Statistics
French

Quite easily doable at the rate you're going! I genuinely did not start revising until a month or so before my exams started! Don't worry about it, just keep going. (Just for comparison: The majority of my revision took place during exam time. Don't do this. It was incredibly hard and I would not repeat it again despite it all turning out alright in the end xD.)
Original post by Acrux
Thanks for the encouraging post. sigh.

Apologies
Depends how easy you find the work before studying more than usual. For me I don't think it would have taken long at all, I'm sure you know plenty of people who aren't so lucky. Generally speaking though GCSEs are very easy so it's certainly viable if you know how to study which doesn't come naturally to a lot of people.
Reply 12
Original post by Acrux

Maths
Additional Maths FSMQ
Physics
Biology
Chemistry
History
Geography
English Lit.
English Lang.
Statistics
French

I've already done some of those. For Maths it took me 4 weeks, core science (B1, C1, P1) and additional science (B2, C2, P2) took me 3 weeks each and English language took me a few hours. I self taught myself Maths and the Sciences so if you already know the content your revision time will be significantly shorter. Also, it probably only took me that long because I didn't do a lot per day and some days I didn't do any at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending