The Student Room Group

how come?

well i dont know if anyone experiences this but i never get attention from lads my own age. i get eyed up and down/chatted up from 20/30/40/50/60 something men but never anyone my own age. im 16 btw, im flattered and take it as a compliment but im only interested in lads in my own age group, which is what it should be anyway! but they never give me any attention...im just really confused. i hope i dont sound arrogant or selfish but its something which ive noticed..

can anyone explain this?
Well, maybe you just look older than you are... or people around your age are scared of making it obvious that they like you. :smile:
Maybe you give out a very mature and sophisticated impression to people, and guys your own age thing 'oh she's out of my league' or some stupid sentiment like that, and feel they can't approach you because you have lots of men sniffing round you already, and they are much older and more experienced etc etc.

Perhaps you could try acting in a more approachable way, do you think you are mature? You are only 16, sorry to sound condescending, (don't worry I'm ONLY 18 anyways I'm hardly the highest authority) and if you want guys to be interested in you your own age you need to be approachable on their level, one which is generally more immature than most girls there age, but particularly as you are particularly mature. That's just the feeling I get anyway.

Hope that helps.
Reply 3
im actually very immature...well my parents say i am.....but i suppose im a bit loud and too confident..which is what my parents say..and i have no problems wearing mini skirts/bikinis...so im not self conscious..
you have a point...i could try and go down to their level. but mature is 1 thing i am not!
Reply 4
my parents say lads dont go for me cos im too immature.....the men that give me attention are only after my body which is what my parents say...i suppose youve noticed i ask my parents a lot of things :P
Reply 5
Anonymous
my parents say lads dont go for me cos im too immature.....the men that give me attention are only after my body which is what my parents say...i suppose youve noticed i ask my parents a lot of things :P

Do I know you? :p: Soz just noticed that one of my friends type similar to yours...

soz to be off topic!

:suith: Sezkin:suith:
Reply 6
Sezkin
Do I know you? :p: Soz just noticed that one of my friends type similar to yours...

soz to be off topic!

:suith: Sezkin:suith:

yes sezkin you know me, in fact you know me very well :biggrin: in fact actually you know me TOO well :p: