The Student Room Group

Which is better: 3rd degree + some experience - or - 2:2 degree with no experience?

I'm on my final year just started semester 2 and deciding how I should spend my time.

Aim for 2:2 or volunteer in the relevant field 1 day a week and go for the 3rd.

At the moment it is 50/50 as I'm on the borderline.

I don't really enjoy my course.
Neither are good. A 2.2 would be better though since experience is something you can build up. Your degree classification is set in stone.

Try get a 2.1 though.

Good luck :smile:
Agree with the above

but a 3rd with experience may be beneficial in the short run a 2:2 you can always get experience
Reply 3
Original post by adamsmithqm
Neither are good. A 2.2 would be better though since experience is something you can build up. Your degree classification is set in stone.

Try get a 2.1 though.

Good luck :smile:

I could have got that, but didn't take my studies seriously enough in the first 2 years as I was lazy - plain and simple. Didn't bother with getting a summer placement or studying/preparing over summer. Then I was a bit unprepared for the final year and didn't do that well in the first semester.
The 3rd class degree because you will have experience as well. Neither a 3rd or 2:2 will get you through 2:1 filters, and outside of 2:1 filters employers aren't usually particularly bothered about degree class anyway.
Reply 5
2:2 then get experience when you graduate
Reply 6
of course I will try my best, its just the minimum expected. Don't want to aim too high and get a heart attack.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending