The Student Room Group

Thoughts on tall girls?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Canttellyou
If a guy is superficial enough to care about your height, you shouldn't be with them anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay, yeah, yeah - 5'3 guy doesn't want to go out with 6'1 tall girl... still superficial? :rolleyes:
Reply 41
Original post by iHateLaw
See I don't see that! At my uni, the people who I have seen are all mostly shorter.
Maybe I need to go out more?:biggrin:

I suppose you could try getting out more but if that doesn't work then sneak some Miracle Grow into their pint :wink:.
Reply 42
Original post by SoftPunch
Okay, yeah, yeah - 5'3 guy doesn't want to go out with 6'1 tall girl... still superficial? :rolleyes:

It's happened before!!!!!

Original post by Josh_B
I suppose you could try getting out more but if that doesn't work then sneak some Miracle Grow into their pint :wink:.

You don't by any chance know where I could get that? :tongue:
Reply 43
It's happened before!!!!!

Haha, did you try and go after him? :tongue:
I mean - the truth is - for taller girls it's harder to find someone than for shorter ones. That's kinda obvious. But it's not impossible, especially if you come across guys who are like 6'9 like I did. :lolwut:
Reply 44
Haha, did you try and go after him? :tongue:
I mean - the truth is - for taller girls it's harder to find someone than for shorter ones. That's kinda obvious. But it's not impossible, especially if you come across guys who are like 6'9 like I did. :lolwut:

I didnt say me! Haha.
And you're right, not impossible,but definitely harder.
6'9? Has he got a brother? Hahaha :lol:
Reply 45
I didnt say me! Haha.
And you're right, not impossible,but definitely harder.
6'9? Has he got a brother? Hahaha :lol:

Btw, I just realized it made it sound like I was talking about my bf which I wasn't!!!
I just knew this German 6'9 guy - he was a right :bootyshake: though :s-smilie:
My bf is 6'2 :tongue:
Oh, so did he fall for you? :rofl: :wink:
Yes, harder. Not even gonna deny that. :wink: But then preferences vary; quite a few guys who like taller girls more than anything! :tongue:
Reply 46
I don't see what's wrong with the post.
1) I'm not worrying, I just voiced my own personal 'story' and asked about people's opinions on taller females.
2) I don't recall saying or insinuating that I don't want to be tall.
3) It's not really easy telling someone you like that you like them. Especially if they bring up the fact that you're either taller than them or not short enough.

At 18, there isn't really much of a story...You said:
"Also I sometimes wear 3 inch heels, because they make my legs look nicer... I can't help it. "

? What can't you help? Looking good in heels or being taller when wearing them? There's nothing about it which you "can't help" :tongue:

Well, someone has to do it. If you get on well with them, guys are simple creatures and that's usually enough to get things started.
I'd have no problem dating a tall woman, but myself being 5' 5" I've never really had much choice in the matter.
Reply 48
Btw, I just realized it made it sound like I was talking about my bf which I wasn't!!!
I just knew this German 6'9 guy - he was a right :bootyshake: though :s-smilie:
My bf is 6'2 :tongue:
Oh, so did he fall for you? :rofl: :wink:
Yes, harder. Not even gonna deny that. :wink: But then preferences vary; quite a few guys who like taller girls more than anything! :tongue:

Oh, crappy German guy huh.. Hahaha.

Original post by geoking
At 18, there isn't really much of a story...You said:
"Also I sometimes wear 3 inch heels, because they make my legs look nicer... I can't help it. "

? What can't you help? Looking good in heels or being taller when wearing them? There's nothing about it which you "can't help" :tongue:

Well, someone has to do it. If you get on well with them, guys are simple creatures and that's usually enough to get things started.

Well maybe I just haven't found the right guy to openly admit that I like them, I guess I'm socially awkward sometimes too when it comes to guys? Which could also mean I'm not ready... Who knowssssssss? xD
Reply 49
I have to disagree there, I've had plenty of guys who like my personality but would never go out with me or anything because of my height, and they're not afraid to say it either. "If you were shorter, or if I were taller, I'd so ask you out" (whether or not I like them in that way isn't that relevant since I know I'd probably be knocked down once again because of my height. Happens all the time)

Also, the whole bending over for a hug with a guy you're going out with? I'm already 6'1, I'd rather not have some kind of spinal problem..? I'm probably bad or whatever for saying this, but I'd prefer someone who was my height, or an inch or two taller. I wouldn't want either of us to break our necks or toes because we're straining for a kiss.

Probably just me .____.

I know you're not in an ideal situation, but you just re-inforced my point.
Reply 50

I thought all supermarkets stocked it as standard :wink:.

Being a bit stereotypical but you could aim for the places where the Uni basketball or volleyball teams hang out!
hothothothothothothothothothothothothothothot :colone: When i see a confident tall girl i just instantly think "you badass"
Reply 52
Original post by Vikki1805
Any guy worth bothering over will not base his decision to date you on your height.

If he does, then he probably has small man syndrome

What's that? I'm 6ft so really don't think that applies and, not saying categorically no to tall girls, but a girl taller than me, would, at first at least, be a bit odd. Especially considering already taller then add heels.

I mean tall girls have the image of being sexy, right, long legs, models tend to be tall, etc. But I think it is kind of ingrained in people that the guy is (usually) taller, no?
Reply 53
Original post by danny111
What's that? I'm 6ft so really don't think that applies and, not saying categorically no to tall girls, but a girl taller than me, would, at first at least, be a bit odd. Especially considering already taller then add heels.

I mean tall girls have the image of being sexy, right, long legs, models tend to be tall, etc. But I think it is kind of ingrained in people that the guy is (usually) taller, no?

Conformism is fun, isn't it?
Reply 54
Original post by Josh_B
I thought all supermarkets stocked it as standard :wink:.

Being a bit stereotypical but you could aim for the places where the Uni basketball or volleyball teams hang out!

I don't think we have a volleyball team? I met the basketball one though (I was planning on joining) I'm friends with three of them, but because I'm their friend I know how they think when it comes to relationships, so nu uh! I'll find someone later... Maybe xD

Original post by Qymberley
hothothothothothothothothothothothothothothot :colone: When i see a confident tall girl i just instantly think "you badass"

wecanbefriends :biggrin:
Reply 55

wecanbefriends :biggrin:

Sounds like he was thinking of a little more than friends :wink:
Reply 56

Hahaha, I think he is in fact a she Danny! Qymberly, Kimberly. :lol: Might be wrong.
Reply 57
Original post by ThePoster
I know you're not in an ideal situation, but you just re-inforced my point.

Haha, sorry. I maybe need to read your post again. My heads everywhere tonight.

Hahaha, I think he is in fact a she Danny! Qymberly, Kimberly. :lol: Might be wrong.

Kimberley* I am in fact a girl! Well spotted :biggrin:
Reply 59
I'm personally 6'1 at 18, and I have never been in a relationship. Also I sometimes wear 3 inch heels, because they make my legs look nicer... I can't help it.

Everyone I do like (but never ever ever tell) always says 'if only you were a tad shorter' even though they're probably an inch or two taller than me.
What are your thoughts on taller girls? Would you ever?

I would of course - makes no difference in height for me, but i remember feeling a lil scared to ask a taller girl out, because she might say im too short (im 5ft10)..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending