The Student Room Group

Thoughts on tall girls?

I'm personally 6'1 at 18, and I have never been in a relationship. Also I sometimes wear 3 inch heels, because they make my legs look nicer... I can't help it.

Everyone I do like (but never ever ever tell) always says 'if only you were a tad shorter' even though they're probably an inch or two taller than me.
What are your thoughts on taller girls? Would you ever?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Stuff sharing a bed and the covers with a tall girl :lol: Guys secretly go for shorter girls to have more leg room and space in the bed.

Seriously though I'd prefer a girl to be shorter than me, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't date someone taller. A lot of guys do like tall girls. You'll find the right guy, don't worry about it :smile:
Reply 2
Hot

though I think 5ft 11 is the highest height I'm willing to go for unless I fall for them since I'm 5 ft 10
Any guy worth bothering over will not base his decision to date you on your height.

If he does, then he probably has small man syndrome
Reply 4
Original post by Swanbow
Stuff sharing a bed and the covers with a tall girl :lol: Guys secretly go for shorter girls to have more leg room and space in the bed.

Seriously though I'd prefer a girl to be shorter than me, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't date someone taller. A lot of guys do like tall girls. You'll find the right guy, don't worry about it :smile:

Guys do. Although I have spotted a few shorter people who like tall irls. I just don't think I'd be comfortable with that.

I see myself with a few dogs when I'm older (who likes cats?!?)

:cry::gigg:
Reply 5
Original post by Vikki1805
Any guy worth bothering over will not base his decision to date you on your height.

I think guys AND girls do this involuntarily though.
Reply 6
I'm quite tall, my boyfriend loves tall girls so I'm lucky I guess, but I'm an inch or two shorter, I love heels too! So don't worry, but guys do care about height sadly, that's the world we live in xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I agree that girls tend to want someone taller than them (sometimes insanely taller), but guys also tend to want someone much shorter.
Original post by iHateLaw
I think guys AND girls do this involuntarily though.

Having a preference perhaps, but if I really liked a bloke and he was a little short, I wouldn't dismiss a relationship with him.

I'd just lose my heels and force him to walk on tip-toes all the time. :wink:
Reply 9
Having a preference perhaps, but if I really liked a bloke and he was a little short, I wouldn't dismiss a relationship with him.

I'd just lose my heels and force him to walk on tip-toes all the time. :wink:

haha:biggrin: neither would I, as you said there's preference and you might end up with a complete polar opposite.

Guess I'll be waiting :P
Everyone I do like (but never ever ever tell) always says 'if only you were a tad shorter' even though they're probably an inch or two taller than me.

Ahh yes, there's a name for men with this kind of thinking.

Spoiler

Smaller than me will do. Im 6ft3 so not too many girls are excluded from that :tongue:
Reply 12
Original post by WoodyMKC
Ahh yes, there's a name for men with this kind of thinking.

Spoiler

:yep::lol: That's it!
Reply 13
Tall people:u:
Tall girls often have nice legs and longer hair. Only girls i've dated and 'progressed' with have been over 5ft 6".
Reply 15

I take it you extend that logic to women also?
Original post by Jebedee
I take it you extend that logic to women also?

Completely.

I based my response on a male as I was replying to the OP.
I'm personally 6'1 at 18, and I have never been in a relationship. Also I sometimes wear 3 inch heels, because they make my legs look nicer... I can't help it.

What are your thoughts on taller girls? Would you ever?

I don't mind it whatsoever ^-^. I think a guy would have to be quite insecure to be bothered about it.
Reply 18
6ft 7in here. Tall girls are the best!
Reply 19
The best pair of legs I have seen on a girl in real life belonged to one who is 5'11". :sexface:

Quick Reply

Latest