The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

DJCAD Applicants 2014

Seeing as there was no thread yet for 2014 i figured I would do the honours. It'd be nice to have one now considering the portfolio dates are out!

so what has everyone applied to? (General foundation anyone? :smile:)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm have applied to study architecture at DJCAD,GSA,RGU,ECA and as a back up Structural Engineering at Heroit Watt. So far I have two conditionals at RGU and Heroit Watt. Along with that I have an interview for Dundee, so all in all I'm very excited. :smile:
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 2
General Foundation here as well :smile:

Got an interview with ECA for illustration, haven't heard back from GSA, and I have a unconditional to Abertay for computer arts :smile:
Reply 3
Does anyone know if there are any examples of successful portfolios floating about the internet? I didnt go to their portfolio day at cardonald college and i beginning to regret it...

but yeah i was a bit of an idiot and took subjects this year that required various coursework so i have the djcad portfolio, a physics project and a dissertation (that i probably should start) all due within 3 weeks. Gee isn't s6 fun!
Reply 4
Has anyone applied for Graphic Design or Textiles? Had both my interviews and now I'm really nervous about hearing back from them!
Reply 5
Applied for 2nd year Graphic Design and had my interview a week ago. So anxious because they kinda sprung it on me
Reply 6
I'm applying to djcad too this year - for the general course, fine art, illustration and APCP. I have an interview for APCP and an unconditional for computer arts at Abertay too. :smile:
Reply 7
I applied for the General Foundation from France! x) Freaking out when I see all of the work that gets done on sketchbooks and the like in the UK, cause I've never really done that sort of thing much. :c Anyway, this is a really useful site : www.studentartguide.com :biggrin:
Reply 8
I just accepted my place on the General Foundation year :smile: anyone else doing this course? :smile: xx
Original post by Blabyda
Seeing as there was no thread yet for 2014 i figured I would do the honours. It'd be nice to have one now considering the portfolio dates are out!

so what has everyone applied to? (General foundation anyone? :smile:)

What do you mean when you say the portfolio dates are out? I applied for Graphic Design (I'm international) but I haven't heard a thing back! :frown:
Original post by PoppyT
I just accepted my place on the General Foundation year :smile: anyone else doing this course? :smile: xx

Good for you :smile: I am still waiting for an offer from this course :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by hhannakayee
What do you mean when you say the portfolio dates are out? I applied for Graphic Design (I'm international) but I haven't heard a thing back! :frown:

I applied to general foundation so there's only a portfolio, i think if you apply to second year you get interviewed as well?

also; are they already giving out offers to general foundation? :s-smilie: I thought everyone had to give in a portfolio...
Original post by Blabyda
I applied to general foundation so there's only a portfolio, i think if you apply to second year you get interviewed as well?

also; are they already giving out offers to general foundation? :s-smilie: I thought everyone had to give in a portfolio...

I applied for 3rd year actually, I'm already halfway through a program in the US but need a change in scenery. I submitted my portfolio already though.
Reply 13
Original post by hhannakayee
I applied for 3rd year actually, I'm already halfway through a program in the US but need a change in scenery. I submitted my portfolio already though.

Oh you should be fine then; general foundation portfolios are due at a completely different time to the rest
Original post by Blabyda
Oh you should be fine then; general foundation portfolios are due at a completely different time to the rest

Well I submitted mine back when everyone else did I think.. And haven't gotten an interview or anything. But again, idk if they have a different system for international students.
Reply 15
Original post by Blabyda

I sent my portfolio a few days before the deadline date, and heard back within the week....i think i just got lucky though with hearing back so soon x
Reply 16
Original post by PoppyT
I sent my portfolio a few days before the deadline date, and heard back within the week....i think i just got lucky though with hearing back so soon x

Are you an international student? because for uk students the portfolios are supposed to be handed in on the 4th or 5th of april... Im a bit confused here :s-smilie:
Reply 17
Original post by Blabyda
Are you an international student? because for uk students the portfolios are supposed to be handed in on the 4th or 5th of april... Im a bit confused here :s-smilie:

No im not..i live in the east of england....they gave me a deadline date of 21st february for my online portfolio... x
Reply 18
My portfolio deadline is 16th march?
Reply 19
Original post by MiraAdler
My portfolio deadline is 16th march?

Hmm i dont know :/ are you at a school, college, or neither? Maybe they do it that way? :s x

Quick Reply

Latest