The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Mental health nursing/Salford

Hi guys, I had my interview on the 28th of Nov however I haven't heard anything back yet. This is delaying me of applying for bursaries as I like to do things early and Salford is really the only uni I wanna go to. I do have a back up plan with UCAS extra opening soon but I wonder why Salford is taking so long.. I am sick of hearing no news is good news because what if it isn't? Has any of you heard back are are you in the same situation as me and what are your thoughts on this?

Scroll to see replies

hey sorry I know its frustrating ; but hang in there .I did mine on 2/2/2014 I have been offered a conditional offer for 2015 .I would have loved to start sep 2014 though good luck xx
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by nothandofaith
hey sorry I know its frustrating ; but hang in there .I did mine on 2/2/2014 I have been offered a conditional offer for 2015 .I would have loved to start sep 2014 though good luck xx

Awwh its great you got an offer tho, and thanks x
Did you get a reply ?? I still haven't had mine am slightly concerned now x
Reply 4
Original post by Tanya healers
Did you get a reply ?? I still haven't had mine am slightly concerned now x

No I haven't :frown: interview was in November as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi sorry there has been a delay. Please be assured that we are working through all applications as soon as we can and will be in touch shortly. Unfortunately, due to the number of applications we receive, some decisions won't be made until early May. Hope this at least puts your mind at rest that you haven't been forgotten. Good luck, janet
Reply 6
Okay fair enough. Thank you for informing me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Hi Marwah_
I had my interview on 10th Dec and was offered a place about 5 weeks later for Sept 2014. In the interview, I asked them about applications and they get A LOT. They initially told me I wouldn't hear anything until May, so I'm sure you'll hear something soon.
Reply 8
Original post by hjc123
Hi Marwah_
I had my interview on 10th Dec and was offered a place about 5 weeks later for Sept 2014. In the interview, I asked them about applications and they get A LOT. They initially told me I wouldn't hear anything until May, so I'm sure you'll hear something soon.

I emailed them they said I'll kno by the end of march but I haven't, I frustrating because applied so early, had my interview long time ago and I still need to apply for bursaries and I am not able to complete my student finance until I get a reply..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Hi I've got my interview tomorrow for mental health nursing, does anyone have any tips or advice? Would be really appreciated, thanks
Reply 10
Original post by kc85314
Hi I've got my interview tomorrow for mental health nursing, does anyone have any tips or advice? Would be really appreciated, thanks

Just be yourself, think about what you will say and take your time. Really show that you are excited about the course good luck x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Marwah_
Just be yourself, think about what you will say and take your time. Really show that you are excited about the course good luck x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! Been stressing over the maths test, time to just keep everything crossed and hope for the best now x
Reply 12
Original post by kc85314
Thank you! Been stressing over the maths test, time to just keep everything crossed and hope for the best now x

I'm sure you'll be fine hun xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Well the maths test went just as bad as I thought, but the interview itself seemed to go well so hopefully that'll save me x
Reply 14
Original post by kc85314
Well the maths test went just as bad as I thought, but the interview itself seemed to go well so hopefully that'll save me x

My maths test was horrible too but they are still considering me x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
The maths is very hard, but I passed it and I am rubbish at Maths! I have firmed Salford for September, anyone else?
Reply 16
Original post by lillith
The maths is very hard, but I passed it and I am rubbish at Maths! I have firmed Salford for September, anyone else?

That great! I still haven't heard back yet :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by Marwah_
That great! I still haven't heard back yet :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats a good thing as 3 of my best mates have just had rejections. Salford have had LOADS of applicants this year, lots of very good would be nurses have been rejected. I can only celebrate on here as not to upset my mates.:frown:
Reply 18
Original post by lillith
Thats a good thing as 3 of my best mates have just had rejections. Salford have had LOADS of applicants this year, lots of very good would be nurses have been rejected. I can only celebrate on here as not to upset my mates.:frown:

I hope its a good thing.. my interview was back in November and I do have a back up plan but because they are taking so long everything else like student finance and applying for bursaries will be delayed so I really hope that they take me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by Marwah_
I hope its a good thing.. my interview was back in November and I do have a back up plan but because they are taking so long everything else like student finance and applying for bursaries will be delayed so I really hope that they take me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck then, hope you hear soon :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending