The Student Room Group

A-level biology intensive

Hi, I am looking to start a degree in physiotherapy in September but would really like to gain an A-level in Biology beforehand..does anyone know of any intensive summer schools? I have the last part of June, July and August available. Thank you in advance.
Reply 1
If you could find an intensive summer school for this year you couldn't take the exams until May/June 2015

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
is there any other way to get an a-level by September? It sounds crazy but otherwise will have to spend another year studying. An accredited summer course that's equivalent to an A-level?
You can only sit A level exams in May/June. You will have to start studying now for the exams this May/June 2014.
Reply 4
If you have secured a place at uni then just brush up on biology over the summer so you are more clued up for when you start x
Reply 5
I haven't secured a place at any unis yet. I would like to start at a uni in Sep, but they are insistent on biology, meaning I would have to study a biology 'access to higher education' course for a year. Seeing as I have a long summer, I am looking for a course which would get me the equivalent of an A-level in Biology over the summer, so I would only have to study for 3 years.
Reply 6
however, they all seem to be one year in length (shortest) or cost around £300-£400 for courses where you can work at your own pace
Reply 7
To the best of my knowledge what you are looking for doesn't exist.

I think the access course is your best bet. Self study for a level sciences, even with a distance learning package, is challenging and sorting out practical exams is usually difficult and expensive. Do make sure the access course you choose has enough credits to get you a place at your chosen university.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest