The Student Room Group

Teachers on strike

Hello,

I was wondering what all you UK students out there thought about accepting a place at uni while these teacher strikes are going on? Is it a wise decision to invest money into education at this time when you might not even get class hours in?
yes.
Reply 2

Strikes have affected about 5 hours of my education at University. Were I not abroad this year, that would be maybe 12 hours.

Go to University and possibly have a few hours of class a year cancelled due to strikes VS don't go to University and don't get the benefit of the other 99% hours of classes....
Reply 3
Original post by trigster09
Hello,

I was wondering what all you UK students out there thought about accepting a place at uni while these teacher strikes are going on? Is it a wise decision to invest money into education at this time when you might not even get class hours in?

The teachers strike will have no bearing on your education, it might mean a couple of days off uni for which you can easily do remedial work.
Reply 4
Original post by Katie_p

Strikes have affected about 5 hours of my education at University. Were I not abroad this year, that would be maybe 12 hours.

Go to University and possibly have a few hours of class a year cancelled due to strikes VS don't go to University and don't get the benefit of the other 99% hours of classes....

Thank you for sharing your perspective. It gives me a much clearer idea of the amount of impact the strike would have on learning. Much appreciated.
Reply 5
Original post by redferry
The teachers strike will have no bearing on your education, it might mean a couple of days off uni for which you can easily do remedial work.

Thank you for your advice. I appreciate your insight.
Reply 6
The strikes are ridiculous. I pay £3000 a year.
Original post by Mackay
The strikes are ridiculous. I pay £3000 a year.

Teachers have lives too.
Reply 8
Let's be honest you can probably teach yourself most courses unless it's vocational anyway, it's all about that degree being on a piece of paper or you needing it for a specific job, £9000 or however much money regardless.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending