The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Adult Nursing interview for Bangor university

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi

So glad I've found this, makes me feel a little better. I have an interview this Friday also, and I'm really getting myself worked up :frown: can't wait for it to be over, I always seem to mess interviews up.

Well done to all who have been offered a place already :smile: did u have to do any role play?

Hopefully see you in September,
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by Clcjlw
Hi

So glad I've found this, makes me feel a little better. I have an interview this Friday also, and I'm really getting myself worked up :frown: can't wait for it to be over, I always seem to mess interviews up.

Well done to all who have been offered a place already :smile: did u have to do any role play?

Hi I also have an interview on Friday, so incredibly nervous!! As far as I know there is no role play, just group interview, speed dating style interview and mini essay to write.

eeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkk xx
Reply 22
Original post by Clcjlw
Hi

Hey!

There was no role play at my interview, the group activity was simply a group discussion!

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by Clcjlw
Hi

There's no role play just the above. I quite enjoyed the speed dating style interview. I had my interview last Friday for adult nursing. What branch have you applied for?
Reply 24
Original post by RubySoup
Hi I also have an interview on Friday, so incredibly nervous!! As far as I know there is no role play, just group interview, speed dating style interview and mini essay to write.

eeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkk xx

Ohh have you :smile: See you there! I'm Claire Williams. What's ur name? That's one good thing then x
Reply 25
Original post by chel_993
There's no role play just the above. I quite enjoyed the speed dating style interview. I had my interview last Friday for adult nursing. What branch have you applied for?

Bangor, what about you? Did they say how long you will be waiting to hear back? Was it just questions around nursing they asked on the speed dating style?

Good luck getting a place!

Thanks claire

Reply 26
Original post by Sazi007
Hey!

There was no role play at my interview, the group activity was simply a group discussion!

Good luck! :smile:

That's good haha.

Thank you :smile:
Reply 27
Are both applying for adult? I'm MH but I think all the nursing students are mixed up for the interview.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by emma81x
Are both applying for adult? I'm MH but I think all the nursing students are mixed up for the interview.

I applied for adult but you're right in thinking all the nursing students were mixed up for the interview.
Reply 29
Original post by emma81x

Ive applied for adult to, I'll be glad to get tomorrow over:s-smilie:
Reply 30
Yes me too.

All those suppressed nerves have come bursting out this evening. I'm terrified I'll forgot everything i want to say.
Reply 31
How did you find it?
Reply 32
Original post by emma81x
How did you find it?

I thought the group one went ok but my mind totally went blank for the rest of it :frown:

what about u?
Reply 33
Original post by Clcjlw
I thought the group one went ok but my mind totally went blank for the rest of it :frown:

what about u?

Yeah, pretty similar. The first table I went to was the one where I had to talk about one of the things from the group task. I had loads of ideas earlier but I just couldn't recall them. I also think i messed up when I went to the MH health lecturers table, I just couldn't verbalise everything I had been planning to say.

I also ran out of time during the second question of the essay. I only managed half a page and what I wrote wasn't particularly good either. Nerves just got the better of me.

Ah well, I hope we did better than we thought.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 34
Original post by emma81x
Yeah, pretty similar. The first table I went to was the one where I had to talk about one of the things from the group task. I had loads of ideas earlier but I just couldn't recall them. I also think i messed up when I went to the MH health lecturers table, I just couldn't verbalise everything I had been planning to say.

I also ran out of time during the second question of the essay. I only managed half a page and what I wrote wasn't particularly good either. Nerves just got the better of me.

Ah well, I hope we did better than we thought.

I'm sure you done fine, I think it's a natural reaction to thing we done badly. I was the same.
Did you have to answer two questions for the essay we were told we only had to choose one x
Reply 35
Errrrm, I'm pretty sure it was 2 for us. Well I answered both so I've either read it incorrectly (dammit!) Or they changed the format. I hope its the former....How bad will it look if I can't even read instructions correctly.....lol
Reply 36
Original post by emma81x
Errrrm, I'm pretty sure it was 2 for us. Well I answered both so I've either read it incorrectly (dammit!) Or they changed the format. I hope its the former....How bad will it look if I can't even read instructions correctly.....lol

We had to answer two questions too, so they have probably changed the format or something.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Original post by Sazi007
We had to answer two questions too, so they have probably changed the format or something.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Phew!
Reply 38
Original post by emma81x
Phew!

Sorry to worry you, I started to worry I had heard wrong and was supposed to answer both. But I've checked with a girl I knew that was there also and she heard the same. We were there for adult nursing but there were quite a few of us (6 groups) my interview was the 7th at wrexham maybe it depends on the amount of ppl there on the day and the person who's supervising the essay writing x
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 39
Original post by chel_993
Sorry to worry you, I started to worry I had heard wrong and was supposed to answer both. But I've checked with a girl I knew that was there also and she heard the same. We were there for adult nursing but there were quite a few of us (6 groups) my interview was the 7th at wrexham maybe it depends on the amount of ppl there on the day and the person who's supervising the essay writing x

Ah, dont worry about it. I had my interview at the Bangor campus so maybe that's were the difference lies. I also guess they need to mix things up to prevent the later groups finding out the exact format and/or answers.

Have you heard back from them yet?

Quick Reply

Latest