The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Adult Nursing interview for Bangor university

Has anyone had a interview for Bangor uni? I've applied for adult nursing and have a interview on the 7th march. Not sure what to expect

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by chel_993
Has anyone had a interview for Bangor uni? I've applied for adult nursing and have a interview on the 7th march. Not sure what to expect

Hi,

I have an interview at Bangor for adult nursing on the 27th of Feb - so nervous!

My invite letter had no info, apart from to bring a passport style photo!

The website provided a little more info - "During the interview you will be asked to take part in a group activity where you explore an issue relevant to nursing. You will also be interviewed using multiple mini interviews; a bit like speed dating a process. You should be prepared to answer questions on topics around health, nursing, and in particular your chosen field. The mini interviews will be facilitated by academic and health board nursing staff and service users. You will also be asked to write a short essay on a health/nursing related topic so that we can review your literacy. This will be completed and supervised under ‘examination’ conditions and will form part of the interview process."

That`s all it had to say about it.

Anyway, as I mentioned, my interview is on Thursday, so when that`s over I will let you know what it was like! :smile: I`m unbelievably nervous!!!! :afraid:
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 2
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
{\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 ArialMT;}
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red102\green102\blue102;\red227\green227\blue227;}
\deftab720
\pard\pardeftab720\sl380\partightenfacThank you, I know the feeling, it's made worse when it's the unknown. Good luck for your interview I'm sure you will be fine. Are you applying for September? And is your interview at Bangor or the Archimedes

Original post by Sazi007
Hi,

I have an interview at Bangor for adult nursing on the 27th of Feb - so nervous!

My invite letter had no info, apart from to bring a passport style photo!

The website provided a little more info - "During the interview you will be asked to take part in a group activity where you explore an issue relevant to nursing. You will also be interviewed using multiple mini interviews; a bit like speed dating a process. You should be prepared to answer questions on topics around health, nursing, and in particular your chosen field. The mini interviews will be facilitated by academic and health board nursing staff and service users. You will also be asked to write a short essay on a health/nursing related topic so that we can review your literacy. This will be completed and supervised under ‘examination’ conditions and will form part of the interview process."

That`s all it had to say about it.

Anyway, as I mentioned, my interview is on Thursday, so when that`s over I will let you know what it was like! :smile: I`m unbelievably nervous!!!! :afraid:
Reply 3
I agree, the unknown is the worst part of the whole process!!

Yep, I'm applying for Sep. You? And it's at Bangor. Where's yours?
Reply 4
Original post by Sazi007
I agree, the unknown is the worst part of the whole process!!

Yep, I'm applying for Sep. You? And it's at Bangor. Where's yours?

I'm applying for September also, but my interview is at the wrexham base. I live near wrexham so better for me really.

I suppose the whole interview process will be the same though.
Reply 5
So I had the interview and I think it went ok, but they said there arent many September places left!

I dont know how similar your interview will be, we started of the day with an introduction and a presentation about the course etc. There was a short break, and then we had a group work activity, which was basically a group discussion about the qualities etc a nurse should have.

We then had a coffee break, and then we had either interviews or essay writing, depending on which group we were in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Ah really, I know they've still got spaces for April start. Was there a maths test? It dosnt mention maths I the email. I'm really nervous lol only had one university interview and that was back in November so I feel like I've forgotten everything.
Reply 7
Yeah, they mentioned there were more places in the March start, I started wishing that I had applied for the March entry!

There wasn't a maths test, only the whole essay thing :smile:

There's honestly nothing to be nervous about, I was absolutely terrified but everyone was really nice and welcoming. All the other applicants I met were also really nervous, so everyone is in the same position.

Good luck and let me know how it goes!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Had my interview this morning, I think it went ok just have to wait and see. I did get asked if I would be interested in starting before September, but obviously with me doing an access course I won't have my grades in time.

Any idea how long it takes to hear either way? I didn't want to ask, as they probably get asked that all the time. I wanted to make the most of my time to ask questions something else.

QUOTE=Sazi007;46617044]Yeah, they mentioned there were more places in the March start, I started wishing that I had applied for the March entry!

There wasn't a maths test, only the whole essay thing :smile:

There's honestly nothing to be nervous about, I was absolutely terrified but everyone was really nice and welcoming. All the other applicants I met were also really nervous, so everyone is in the same position.

Good luck and let me know how it goes!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Well done, I'm sure it went fine :smile:

I heard back wednesday evening, but they said people could hear back until may. I got in - so happy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
That's great news, well done. When was your interview?
Hi chel, I had my interview with Bangor for Wrexham campus beginning of Feb, I found out yesterday via UCAS that I have been accepted for Sept 2014!:smile: Hope you find out soon!:smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Clarevictoria
Hi chel, I had my interview with Bangor for Wrexham campus beginning of Feb, I found out yesterday via UCAS that I have been accepted for Sept 2014!:smile: Hope you find out soon!:smile:

Hi Clare, great news well done. Hopefully I will be joining you :smile: just got to wait and see. You waited 4 weeks then? That's a long time lol the waiting is the worse
Ah the wait is terrible, they said at the interview that we would hear on the 4th March, I called Bangor direct on the 4th asking them and they said there had been a technical problem or something like that and that they would get back to me by the end of next week, so finding out yesterday was a complete shock. Fingers crossed for you, keep me posted.
Reply 14
Original post by chel_993
That's great news, well done. When was your interview?

It was on the 27th of Feb
Reply 15
Hi
can anyone give me an idea what topic is covered in the written bit?
Reply 16
I have my interview on Friday (MH nursing.) The essay is what concerns me the most because I've been out of education for 4 years so it's been a while since I last did something like this, apart from my personal statement of course but I spent weeks on that, not an hour or whatever this will be.
Reply 17
Original post by gunny
Hi
can anyone give me an idea what topic is covered in the written bit?

In the written bit I basically had to write about the skills and qualities a nurse should have. When is your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by emma81x
I have my interview on Friday (MH nursing.) The essay is what concerns me the most because I've been out of education for 4 years so it's been a while since I last did something like this, apart from my personal statement of course but I spent weeks on that, not an hour or whatever this will be.

Im sure it will be fine, it is usually a really easy essay and they arent just looking for good grammer etc, but also at your knowledge of nursing. If you are very concerned, you could always buy a small GCSE english essay writing book and read that before the interview, or simply read up on essay writing.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Thanks! I might do that, just to help me feel that little bit more confident.

Quick Reply

Latest