The Student Room Group

Low Predicted Grades

I have currently heard back from 4/5 unis but the final uni, Imperial, would be my first choice if I receive an offer from them. At the start of the year I was predicted AAB in my advanced highers, with the B in maths, where Imperial will probably be looking for AAA from me. However, I feel I can definitely get an A in it and I got a solid A in my prelim last month. I am worried that my predicted grades may stop me getting an offer from them. My dad said I should contact the uni and explain it to them but I told him I didn't think that would be a good idea and it's best just to leave it. Just wondering what other people thought?
Reply 1
Bit late now. What course is it for?
Reply 2
Original post by alow
Bit late now. What course is it for?

Yeah I know, I could only really do it after my prelim though, with some decent proof but it is a bit late. Just because I haven't heard back from them yet and think they may reject me currently. It's for Civil Engineering.
What were your AS grades?
Reply 4
Original post by AndrewSCO
I have currently heard back from 4/5 unis but the final uni, Imperial, would be my first choice if I receive an offer from them. At the start of the year I was predicted AAB in my advanced highers, with the B in maths, where Imperial will probably be looking for AAA from me. However, I feel I can definitely get an A in it and I got a solid A in my prelim last month. I am worried that my predicted grades may stop me getting an offer from them. My dad said I should contact the uni and explain it to them but I told him I didn't think that would be a good idea and it's best just to leave it. Just wondering what other people thought?

I had a similar problem. I was predicted BBB and all my Uni's wanted AAB for my course. However I have received 4/5 offers, just waiting on kings now. My course is History btw. I'm sure if you got good enough as levels they won't put that much of an emphasis on predicted. I think it's unfair anyway and depends on the teacher/pupil relationship

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending