The Student Room Group

Does this man deserve to live? (800+ murders)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80

you judge he should die ...yet he does not ...It appears that it is not up to you after all :tongue:
Reply 81
Original post by The High Priest
And killing him will solve what exactly? If you keep him locked up in solitary confinement, he can't kill again. What's the issue?

Killing him ensures his cartel associates can't break him out and continue murdering people (THEY HAVE DONE THIS MANY TIMES BEFORE AND THOUSANDS HAVE BEEN KILLED).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ESPORTIVA
Killing him ensures his cartel associates can't break him out and continue murdering people (THEY HAVE DONE THIS MANY TIMES BEFORE AND THOUSANDS HAVE BEEN KILLED).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Then they need to be locked up too and tighter security should be implemented. Two wrongs do not make a right.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 83
I vehemently oppose the death penalty, even in the most extreme cases like this. I don't believe killing him will achieve anything.

Hypothetically, if given the chance, I'd deny him the right to live i.e prevent him from ever existing. No matter how heinous the crime I'd never be able to support the death penalty - I guess it just stems from a fundamental belief that the state should be above this kind of behaviour. I believe the right to life should never be forcefully taken away from somebody. He should spend the rest of his life in prison.
Reply 84
Original post by Mackay
It is not for us to judge whether somebody should die or not. End of discussion.

It's for a society to judge, that's how a legal system works. You might not agree with that society, but that's a different argument.
Original post by cid
You are quite right it doesn't exist in nature, neither does the internet ...yet you still use it.

More liberal bull****. Of course the Internet exists in nature u nitwit otherwise I wouldn't be able to use it. Justice is a human construct to refer to a way humans behave, justice is whatever the hell you say it is. It has no basis beyond semantic description of evolutionary behaviour.
Reply 86
Then they need to be locked up too and tighter security should be implemented. Two wrongs do not make a right.

Saying that means nothing.

They can't lock everybody up and just make security better, im sorry keep dreaming.

Do you have any idea what's going on in meixco?

Do you have any idea who controls the Mexican prisons?

Do you have any idea how powerful these cartels are?

Do you know how many people have been killed by the cartels since 2006?

Do you even know what we are talking about in this thtead?

Do you even lift?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A negative and a negative makes a positive.

You've been lied to your entire life.
Original post by I love the EU
A negative and a negative makes a positive.

You've been lied to your entire life.

Two immoral actions don't synthesise to make it moral. Put it this way. If someone rapes your wife and you kill that person, you are both immoral (to differing degrees). Morality isn't brought out of immorality.
Reply 89
Pacifism doesn't work people. Not in Mexico anyway.

These monsters must be dealt with harshly.

To all the people opposed to executing the monster in the article:

Do you think the Mexican military should be called off and stop fighting with the cartels?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Two immoral actions don't synthesise to make it moral. Put it this way. If someone rapes your wife and you kill that person, you are both immoral (to differing degrees). Morality isn't brought out of immorality.

there is no such thing as an immoral action
Reply 91
Wouldn't feel any remorse for killing him. There are no concrete definitions for right and wrong like people think there.

He doesn't deserve to live.
No one deserved to live, no one earned the right to live.
Original post by I love the EU
there is no such thing as an immoral action

Right...
Death penalty for sure. It's a waste of money and rations to keep someone alive in prison for the rest of their life.

Or manual labor until death while in prison, although I'm not sure many people would agree with me there...
Reply 95
Original post by AstroNandos
Death penalty for sure. It's a waste of money and rations to keep someone alive in prison for the rest of their life.

Or manual labor until death while in prison, although I'm not sure many people would agree with me there...

I agree

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96
Right...

If killing 800+ people isn't immoral then I don't know what is

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
Why doesn't a man who took the lives of nearly 1000 people deserve to be killed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It doesn't matter how many people he killed. Killing one is enough to say he's a bad man

It still doesn't justify taking his life though.
If killing 800+ people isn't immoral then I don't know what is

Posted from TSR Mobile

I never said it wasn't immoral. I'm just saying that murder is immoral period. So murdering this person isn't right either no matter what they have done.
Original post by Ripper-Roo
It doesn't matter how many people he killed. Killing one is enough to say he's a bad man

It still doesn't justify taking his life though.

There need be no justification but desire to kill. Long live retribution.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending