The Student Room Group

Leeds Uni Adult Nursing '14

Hello! Have just confirmed my unconditional offer for Leeds University and wondering who else is going/hoping to go :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've just confirmed my offer for adult nursing as well! What accommodation are you thinking of? I'm stuck not sure where to put :frown: haha
Reply 2
Original post by oliviabeth
I've just confirmed my offer for adult nursing as well! What accommodation are you thinking of? I'm stuck not sure where to put :frown: haha

Well I'm not sure whether to just stay at home because I actually live in Leeds :smile:
Reply 3
Ah that's easier! I'm so stuck on where to choose!
Reply 4
Ah that's easier! I'm so stuck on where to choose!

I think you would be best going to the accom open day which is 22nd March and then you can have a look round and also ask which is the best accom for student nurses, like which is closest and also if there is one particular halls that nurses stay at. I know some unis like to keep student nurses together so when you are doing night shifts etc you aren't living with people who are partying at all hours :')
Reply 5
God that makes me sound old haha
Reply 6
Hi,
Well done guys!
I had my interview for adult nursing at the university of Leeds on Wednesday and got an offer today, I am absolutely over the moon! Still waiting to hear from my Manchester Met and I have an interview at Salford uni in March but so happy as Leeds is such a good uni. X
Reply 7
Original post by K58
Hi,
Well done guys!
I had my interview for adult nursing at the university of Leeds on Wednesday and got an offer today, I am absolutely over the moon! Still waiting to hear from my Manchester Met and I have an interview at Salford uni in March but so happy as Leeds is such a good uni. X

Ah well done! Do you think your gonna firm Leeds or you planning on going somewhere else?
Reply 8

hello:smile: I've chose leeds to be my firm choice for adult nursing and I wasnt sure where to stay either, but so far i'm thinking the Tannery?
Reply 9
Original post by emma0212
hello:smile: I've chose leeds to be my firm choice for adult nursing and I wasnt sure where to stay either, but so far i'm thinking the Tannery?

Yeah I was thinking the tannery, a few people I know have said oxley is nice but quite far away! It's so hard to choose! I don't wanna be in Lupton though as it's not as sociable apparently! I think I might go to the accommodation day in March!
Reply 10
Hi:smile: Ive just confirmed my place at Leeds for adult nursing :biggrin: Im not sure about accomodation either but I'm thinking of going to the day in march. Does anybody know which ones they recommend for nurses?
Reply 11
Original post by Amy4
Hi:smile: Ive just confirmed my place at Leeds for adult nursing :biggrin: Im not sure about accomodation either but I'm thinking of going to the day in march. Does anybody know which ones they recommend for nurses?

I think I'm going in March too! And I emailed the university to ask and they said the tannery, Lupton and oxley are where nurses are usually placed, but Lupton is apparently more quiet than the other two depending on what kind of social atmosphere you want!
Reply 12
I think I'll be torn between the tannery and oxley, I think I'd rather be somewhere a bit more lively!
Reply 13
Original post by Amy4
I think I'll be torn between the tannery and oxley, I think I'd rather be somewhere a bit more lively!

Yeah me too, oxleys the furthest out but I've heard they are both nice!
Reply 14
Yeah me too, oxleys the furthest out but I've heard they are both nice!

To be honest I don't really mind where I end up, I was just really excited to get a place! :smile:
Reply 15
I'm a second year adult nurse at Leeds uni, feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by amyc123
I'm a second year adult nurse at Leeds uni, feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where's the best places to live? I have no idea where decent, thanks!
Reply 17
Where's the best places to live? I have no idea where decent, thanks!

As said above they usually put nurses in the Tannery, Oxley or Lupton. Lupton is cheap and seems very social from what I heard last year, Oxley is quieter and in a nice location but far from uni and The Tannery is a bit pricey but quite convenient for uni, town and hospitals.

I was in the Tannery in first year and my flat was four nurses and a midwife, so we understood the need for sleep before 12+ hour days or nights. Also when you go out, a taxi into town from the Tannery is £2.70 which is the minimum fare and if you can't get a taxi home, you can just walk. It is also within walking distance from the LGI and you only have to catch one bus to St James' instead of two from the other halls.
Original post by christy053
Hello! Have just confirmed my unconditional offer for Leeds University and wondering who else is going/hoping to go :smile:

Hi, I have an interview on Wednesday at Uni of Leeds, do you have any tips or advice for me?

Reply 19
I have an interview for adult nursing tomorrow, if you could give me an idea the kinds of things they asked etc I would appreciate it so much, I'm getting a bit nervous!
I'm actually applying to transfer to nursing from within another degree at Leeds so if you have any questions about the city or general uni life here I'd be happy to help with them x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending