The Student Room Group

accidentally favourited a tweet I REALLY shouldn't have!

on someone's profile I should not be looking at.

my profile is private and I don't follow them. I unfavourited it straight away. will they know?

I've been messing with diff accounts all day and emails aren't going through to say a tweets been favourited even though the settings are turned on, so I'm hoping they never got the notification.

does your twitter always email you when something is favourited? cheers!

Scroll to see replies

It may show up that you favourited a tweet of theirs but when they click on the notification to find out what one it won't load (I think). If they were on Twitter at the time they may have been able to see it then and there.
Just say you were on your phone and didn't realise if they ask. Why does it matter though? It's just a tweet :tongue:
Reply 3
Is it someone you are stalking?

Sure sounds like it.
Reply 4
They'll get an email saying you favourited it.
Naughty naughty, stalky stalky. :sexface:
Stalking? :P
b6171ea34a615408d6691a24403d620f5102e700cc032652ef5319b27c36b21a.jpg

My stalker sense is tingling... :P

And sucks for you, yes they will be notified. Sorry
Reply 8
but I've favourited some on my dads account and he's not got an email saying so :s
First world pain... lets get some perspective OP :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by ConnorB
First world pain... lets get some perspective OP :smile:

it might sound silly but I could have just lost someone v.close to me over this. I feel sick!
Reply 11
hi this has just happened to me to, and really worried. (yeah "stalking whatever)
was wondering if you found out if an email gets sent if you favourite but then unfavourite a tweet literally in seconds? greatly appreciated if you could let me know
Original post by Anonymous
it might sound silly but I could have just lost someone v.close to me over this. I feel sick!

Well thats a little dramatic don't you think?
Reply 13
happened to me to, was wondering if you found out if an email actually gets sent if you favourite but then unfavourite a tweet literally in seconds?
As far as I can work out, it only emails you if one of your followers favourites your tweet.

Not sure about Twitter notifications though.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
As far as I can work out, it only emails you if one of your followers favourites your tweet.

Not sure about Twitter notifications though.

I've had e-mails when people who don't follow me favourite my tweets but it doesn't always happen. Not sure how exactly they decide when to send the e-mails though.
Reply 16
Omg literally same thing just happened to me and I'm freaking out! Will teach me not to stalk :') thing is when I favourited it, it immediately bounced back saying 'tweet cannot be added to favourites' will the person still be notified?
I followed someone I hadn't seen for years by accident when scrolling through Discovery. Beat that.
Reply 18
Mine was like a boy I used to be super close too, and then we had a huge argument and now we hate eachother... I think i beat you haha!
I literally did this the other day. Now they've made their tweets private. FML.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending