The Student Room Group

Those who have been to a MAJOR concert?? (Buying concert tickets of STUBHUB????)

Hi all,

I've just bought some tickets off stubhub now I'm starting to worry! If for some reason my tickets are invalid and do not allow me into the venue ( for example say someone has duplicated them) how would Stubhub know I was not able to get in? Are tickets ripped/signed/confiscated once you successfully get into the venue or ticket numbers written down etc...??? .....As I will be arriving late to the concert I doubt I will be in time to ring up for a replacement ticket so would I be able to ring up the next day and explain that the ticket didn't get me in??? (fingers crossed it does not happen!)
Reply 1
Does anyone know??!??
Reply 2
I've only ever heard bad things about stubhub, so my instinct is to say they're not reputable. Sites like ticketmaster and seetickets are well established and reliable companies that I can almost guarantee will have tickets to all major UK concerts.
I would suggest you try and get a refund and buy from one of sites I've mentioned above.
Yeah, Ticketmaster and Seetickets are pretty much the only sites I'll buy from.
Original post by Jess2436
Hi all,

I've just bought some tickets off stubhub now I'm starting to worry! If for some reason my tickets are invalid and do not allow me into the venue ( for example say someone has duplicated them) how would Stubhub know I was not able to get in? Are tickets ripped/signed/confiscated once you successfully get into the venue or ticket numbers written down etc...??? .....As I will be arriving late to the concert I doubt I will be in time to ring up for a replacement ticket so would I be able to ring up the next day and explain that the ticket didn't get me in??? (fingers crossed it does not happen!)

No, at very old venues they might still use the old ripping the ticket stub method but then you'd get in on a duplicate anyway. The vast majority now, for this season, use barcode verification. If someone has duplicated it and gone in before you, even checking the system would show you had entered the stadium (if they used the same code strip) although these things have hologram ID on that's in theory hard to copy. But they don't always look closely at it!

I've never bought off StubHub but I have sold tickets on there a couple times and it's very regulated in terms of getting the tickets out.

Quick Reply

Latest