The Student Room Group

Free "Is Medicine for me? How do I get in?" course

Hey,

I just came across this free course which I thought might be useful to some on you on here?

Check it out, see what you think

http://educationmedicine.co.uk/is-medicine-for-me--how-do-i-get-in-.html

Reply 1
An opportunity to plug the other courses they offer that do cost money, of course. Could be useful to some though!

Also there is a factual error on that site, in case you are involved with them in any way: It claims there are 80,000 applicants to 7,000 places. In fact, there are 80,000 applications but as every applicant gets 4 applications there are only circa 20,000 applicants.
Reply 2
Original post by nexttime
An opportunity to plug the other courses they offer that do cost money, of course. Could be useful to some though!

Also there is a factual error on that site, in case you are involved with them in any way: It claims there are 80,000 applicants to 7,000 places. In fact, there are 80,000 applications but as every applicant gets 4 applications there are only circa 20,000 applicants.

Wait, UCAS allows five applications - which = 16,000 applicants ?? Surely that's wrong?
Reply 3
Original post by sarmad17
Wait, UCAS allows five applications - which = 16,000 applicants ?? Surely that's wrong?

Not for medicine it doesn't
Reply 4
Original post by Amyk89
Not for medicine it doesn't

Oh i see, LOL
Reply 5
Oh i see, LOL

Oh dear. I think you have a lot of research to do, my friend!

Being serious though, it's a great course, but a lot of work to get in. Do your research, and start preparing now if you have an inkling you'd like to apply.
Reply 6
Original post by Pride
Oh dear. I think you have a lot of research to do, my friend!

Being serious though, it's a great course, but a lot of work to get in. Do your research, and start preparing now if you have an inkling you'd like to apply.

LOL, i don't want to get into mediicne, my sister does, and someone told her about this course, so I thought i'd share it with TSR :-)
Reply 7
LOL, i don't want to get into mediicne, my sister does, and someone told her about this course, so I thought i'd share it with TSR :-)

oh right, I see. Lol never mind then...
Shameless plug here but WAMS at Nottingham will be offering extremely similar courses throughout this year (and they're all free)! Inbox me or have a look at www.wamsnottingham.com for more info :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by colabottles
Shameless plug here but WAMS at Nottingham will be offering extremely similar courses throughout this year (and they're all free)! Inbox me or have a look at www.wamsnottingham.com for more info :smile:

:-O Shameless :-P, seems cool. The courses are far from each other so it should appeal to more people, thanks for the plug

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending