The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Tescos

Sorry for the slight triviality of this thread...

I was just wondering how close a Tesco store is to the campus? I'm hoping to transfer down there so I can work part time while I'm there but I'm afraid it might be a bit of a mission to get there (I dont have a car)
Also for the occasional bit of shopping etc

Thaaanks
Reply 1
No great mission at all - it's 10 mins' walk from Streatham campus :smile:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Ah excellent thanks alot!
Do many students tend to work there?
Reply 3
I've seen a few - you're in the fortunate situation of being able to transfer though as jobs are very hard to find in Exeter.
Reply 4
its only a metro though. there's a new metro about 20 mins walk from the main campus near st lukes campus, and a huge one a car journey away on the outskirts.
Reply 5
Angelil
I've seen a few - you're in the fortunate situation of being able to transfer though as jobs are very hard to find in Exeter.

Poundland are always desperate, they take anyone!
Reply 6
Spooky! My friends and I were talking about the exact same thing today :eek:
Reply 7
Also, as a plus, the bus from campus stops right outside Tesco metro!
Reply 8
Lol I would feel really lazy getting the bus for what would be a 10 minute walk! But its exactly the kind of thing I would do, I'm very lazy :yy: Also I'm assuming that since its Exeter, the walk will be up a massive hill, no matter which direction you're going in! :rolleyes:
Reply 9
Actually it's downhill to town (yuss!!!) so imo, getting the bus there is really lazy if you live on the right side of campus (Randy P/HLK/Lafrowda/St G's). Even if you live on the wrong side of campus (Holland/Mardon/Nash) it's not a bad walk...the only people at a distinct disadvantage are those in Birks/Duryard. However it's definitely worth the 60p fare back if you have loads of heavy bags!!!!! :smile:
Reply 10
Hey guys, whats the tesco/asda/whatever situation like round st lukes?
Reply 11
simac
Hey guys, whats the tesco/asda/whatever situation like round st lukes?

There are corner shops and what not, ohh and a spar or 2, if you want a proper tescos you will have to catch the bus out to big megastore on the edge of town bout 10-15mins dependant on traffic. Its 24/7 btw, though of course buses won’t be running at 3 in the morning.

In the high street you have a safeway, poundland, tesco metro, sainsburys. All open to varying degrees in the evening,

Latest

Trending

Trending