The Student Room Group

Home Secretary must ban Justin Bieber from UK

The Home Secretary must ban Justin Bieber from the UK indefinitely.

He is facing serious criminal charges in both the US and Canada. Even within the US, he faces them in two states, Florida and California.

There are several aggravating factors:

1) The list of charges includes dangerous driving, assault, drugs and drink driving. None of these are victimless nor petty crimes.

2) Many of these offences were committed in the US, a country where he is a guest, he is not a US citizen, him being there is a privilege not a right. If he has that much contempt for US law why would he have any more for ours.

3) On a previous visit to the UK he engaged in a foul mouth altercation with journalists.

4) He is a media personality with a young and easy influenced following.

The threshold is clearly met to ban him from entry to the UK. Many are refused entry to the UK for minor indiscretions. In my view, he poses a very real danger to the public and hence the Home Secretary should ban him indefinitely.

If that upsets a few "Beliebers" then tough.
What's this talk of banning people from the country? He's not exactly a Nazi or an Islamist...
He said he's not coming back anyway.
well if he gets a criminal record then he cant have a visa for the UK.

course the price of the lawyers he can afford thats highly unlikely
Reply 4
Original post by felamaslen
What's this talk of banning people from the country? He's not exactly a Nazi or an Islamist...

Anyone with a criminal record, for serious crimes, should not be allowed in the UK. Some for at least 5 years, some for life.
Original post by 122025278
Anyone with a criminal record, for serious crimes, should not be allowed in the UK. Some for at least 5 years, some for life.

That's just an assertion; in my opinion only those who spout hate and support totalitarianism should be barred (other than genuinely dangerous criminals, an example of which Justin Bieber is not).
Reply 6
Original post by felamaslen
That's just an assertion; in my opinion only those who spout hate and support totalitarianism should be barred (other than genuinely dangerous criminals, an example of which Justin Bieber is not).

He has shown flagrant disregard for another foreign countries laws.

The crimes he's charged with are serious, the drink driving and dangerous driving one especially so, never mind the drugs allegations.

He has a strong following and some of those may be influenced by him. He can hardly be described as anonymous.
He has shown flagrant disregard for another foreign countries laws.

The crimes he's charged with are serious, the drink driving and dangerous driving one especially so, never mind the drugs allegations.

He has a strong following and some of those may be influenced by him. He can hardly be described as anonymous.

Do you honestly believe that if Justin Bieber were allowed into the UK, there would be a significant increase in drunk-driving? I mean come on, we have the internet! People can look him up even if he's not inside the actual country.
Reply 8
13-year-old girls practically underpin the consumer economy, fat chance of this happening!
Reply 9
I thought he had retired anyway.
He's flopping anyway.
Given that the average age of Justin Bieber fans is under voting age, it would make sense politically to ban him, just because of his late appearance at the O2 on a 'school night'. After all, politicians do seem keen on the vote of parents.
Reply 12
I'm not a fan of Bieber. In fact, I think he's a bit of a disgrace. With that being said, I don't think he poses any significant threat to the public and shouldn't be banned from entering the UK.
Ahahahaha. Finally..

''It's about time the UK government took a tough stance on immigration!''
Reply 14
Original post by Burridge
I'm not a fan of Bieber. In fact, I think he's a bit of a disgrace. With that being said, I don't think he poses any significant threat to the public and shouldn't be banned from entering the UK.

He does pose a significant threat to my fragile Britannic ears, however.

Are his crimes really that serious?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending