The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL ESPS Assessment Day

Scroll to see replies

Could i ask what your grades are like?? I understand it is very competitive and am looking to apply next year (my absolute dream course)
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 21
Original post by española123
Could i ask what your grades are like?? I understand it is very competitive and am looking to apply next year (my absolute dream course)

I got four As at AS Level :smile: but obviously having a good personal statement and showing your passion for the subject is also key
Original post by Jozka
I got four As at AS Level :smile: but obviously having a good personal statement and showing your passion for the subject is also key

sorry to pry but UMS marks? GCSE? predicted grades??
Reply 23
sorry to pry but UMS marks? GCSE? predicted grades??

That's alright :smile: - At GCSE I got 11 A*s and 1 A (with the A being in Maths). And I got my teachers to predict me A*AA (which is what the standard offer from UCL for ESPS is) - they predicted me AAA at first, because teachers seem to be reluctant to predict A*s, but I asked my German teacher to raise it to an A* and she did it without any fuss.
As for points, at AS Level my lowest was 178/200 and my highest was 194/200. I got an A in every individual module, but there were some that I did better in than others. Now I just need to keep that up this year for A2, and then I'll hopefully get my place!
Original post by Jozka
That's alright :smile: - At GCSE I got 11 A*s and 1 A (with the A being in Maths). And I got my teachers to predict me A*AA (which is what the standard offer from UCL for ESPS is) - they predicted me AAA at first, because teachers seem to be reluctant to predict A*s, but I asked my German teacher to raise it to an A* and she did it without any fuss.
As for points, at AS Level my lowest was 178/200 and my highest was 194/200. I got an A in every individual module, but there were some that I did better in than others. Now I just need to keep that up this year for A2, and then I'll hopefully get my place!

Congratulations really really impressive!! Any tips for personal statement/interview etc??
Reply 25
Congratulations really really impressive!! Any tips for personal statement/interview etc??

Haha thanks! :smile: Well there isn't an interview - just a TSA Assessment Day. So my main tip for that is to do practice TSA papers (I was sent some by one of my teachers so I'd suggest asking at school, but I'm sure you'd be able to find them online somewhere).

As for personal statement...I guess the main tip is to sound passionate about the subject (but without using the word 'passionate,' because they often think it's a bit clichéd :P). Show that you've done some work outside the subject - I talked about some books I'd read and a German exchange I'd taken part in, for instance. And try and show the specific areas of ESPS that you're interested in - it is, after all, an incredibly broad subject. I talked a lot about my opinions on the EU in mine, for instance - and the guy at Manchester Uni seemed to like that part, so hopefully UCL liked it too.

Good luck!
Hi everyone ! I'm sorry to bring out from the shadows this old topic but as a French applicant for the ESPS dual degree, I was wondering If I will be interviewed by Sciences Po in French or English ?

Thank you !
Reply 27
Original post by littlesatan
Hi everyone ! I'm sorry to bring out from the shadows this old topic but as a French applicant for the ESPS dual degree, I was wondering If I will be interviewed by Sciences Po in French or English ?

Thank you !

Hello i'm also a french/international student applying for the dual degree but since i have send my statement to sciences po i haven't heard anything from UCL but i have been invited for an interview afor plain UCL.Have you gone through the interview with Sciences Po ? was it in french ? have you received an offer ?

i am quite stressed out about this :tongue:
thank you
Going to the assessment say tomorrow and have an interview! Any tips anyone? I'm applying for the dual BA and Im a british school applicant. Really quite nervous about the interview....

Quick Reply

Latest