Central Powers

Germany[1]
Allied Powers
United States[1]
British Empire[1]
France[1]
Italy[1]
Japan[1]

Wiki states these countries signed the tov but from what I kno Britain france and Germany hated tov.. so why did they sign it? also some sites state the usa didntt sign the tov..so who actually signed it

please help me with this confusion thanks x
Reply 2

Thanx so it was Germany, br fr and usa right? but what confused me was why did they sign it whe n they all h8ed it so much?
and Italy.

At the time, it was popular in France and Britain. USA wanted to then stay out of European affairs and Germany only signed it because if they didn't, the allies (france, britain and USA), would invade Germany by force. Germany had no choice but to sign, and only in hindsight do countries regret signing it (long term cause to WWII)
Reply 4
Original post by puella_optima
and Italy.

At the time, it was popular in France and Britain. USA wanted to then stay out of European affairs and Germany only signed it because if they didn't, the allies (france, britain and USA), would invade Germany by force. Germany had no choice but to sign, and only in hindsight do countries regret signing it (long term cause to WWII)

ahh I see but what about usa. I still don't get why they signed it
Original post by artymaniac
ahh I see but what about usa. I still don't get why they signed it

Because they were one of the Allies, with France and Britain, the German surrender was also a surrender to America.

Look up Woodrow Wilson's 14 points
Reply 6
Because they were one of the Allies, with France and Britain, the German surrender was also a surrender to America.

Look up Woodrow Wilson's 14 points

thanks for ur help thngs are much clearer now x
Original post by artymaniac
thanks for ur help thngs are much clearer now x

No problem! Inbox me if you need any more help :smile:
Reply 8
No problem! Inbox me if you need any more help :smile:

thanks so kind of u :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending