The Student Room Group

interview at BCU children's nursing

Hey, I have an interview at Birmingham City University on the 28th of march for children's nursing, was wondering if anyone has been for interview for children's nursing recently and could give any tips or advice?, I would really appreciate it because this is my first interview and my 1st choice university. Thanks
I have an interview at BCU for children's nursing as well but on 31st March.
Reply 2
Hey! I had a interview for children's nursing about 2 weeks ago at bcu too! Have any of you heard back from them?! I'm getting nervous waiting for their decision!:frown:
Havent you? That may be a good sign you know :smile: my friend found out a week later she was declined so...

No i havent heard anything yet but my interview was only 5 days ago x
Reply 4
Original post by clairemariex
Havent you? That may be a good sign you know :smile: my friend found out a week later she was declined so...

No i havent heard anything yet but my interview was only 5 days ago x

Hey! I don't suppose you know when their interview was? I had mine at the beginning of March and haven't heard anything yet! BCU is my first choice and now my only hope! :frown:
Original post by Dadeo
Hey! I don't suppose you know when their interview was? I had mine at the beginning of March and haven't heard anything yet! BCU is my first choice and now my only hope! :frown:

Hey, it was the 20th March I think , when was yours? x
Reply 6
Hey, it was the 20th March I think , when was yours? x

Mine was on the 7th of March, so this kinda looks hopeful! When I had my interview at chester they were like oh you won't hear for ages from us and 3 days later I had a rejection. BCU is where I want to go and childrens nursing is what the branch I would love to do the most so fingers crossed! Hopefully they'll let everyone still waiting know next week.

Do you know if they passed the tests or not?
Original post by Dadeo
Mine was on the 7th of March, so this kinda looks hopeful! When I had my interview at chester they were like oh you won't hear for ages from us and 3 days later I had a rejection. BCU is where I want to go and childrens nursing is what the branch I would love to do the most so fingers crossed! Hopefully they'll let everyone still waiting know next week.

Do you know if they passed the tests or not?

I'm not sure sorry! But yes it does look hopeful I reckon because I've heard quite a few people say BCU takes a while to get back, so not to worry. Although it is really horrible just waiting to find out :/
Let me know when you hear back, good luck! :smile:
Have you had any other offers yet?
x
Reply 8
I'm not sure sorry! But yes it does look hopeful I reckon because I've heard quite a few people say BCU takes a while to get back, so not to worry. Although it is really horrible just waiting to find out :/
Let me know when you hear back, good luck! :smile:
Have you had any other offers yet?
x

Hey! I haven't had any other offers, had two interviews and 4 rejections so far, all for different reasons. I don't think we'll hear anything until Monday at the very earliest and even then i don't think its likely to hear anything then. Its so stressful! Not too long to go now though :] Have you had any other offers?
Original post by Dadeo
Hey! I haven't had any other offers, had two interviews and 4 rejections so far, all for different reasons. I don't think we'll hear anything until Monday at the very earliest and even then i don't think its likely to hear anything then. Its so stressful! Not too long to go now though :] Have you had any other offers?

Oh right, so your defintely hoping for Birmingham City? I hope you do get a place!:smile:
Yeah nor do i, especially now it's easter time!
I have an offer from University of Birmingham, which I'm going to firm when I hear back from all Unis.
x
Reply 10
Oh right, so your defintely hoping for Birmingham City? I hope you do get a place!:smile:
Yeah nor do i, especially now it's easter time!
I have an offer from University of Birmingham, which I'm going to firm when I hear back from all Unis.
x

Yeah but it was always my first choice really as the facilities and course look so good. Its my second time round going to uni so if they give me an offer it'll be unconditional as i'm not awaiting any exam results or anything. How many are you waiting on now?
Original post by Dadeo
Yeah but it was always my first choice really as the facilities and course look so good. Its my second time round going to uni so if they give me an offer it'll be unconditional as i'm not awaiting any exam results or anything. How many are you waiting on now?

Oh, what were you doing before at university?
That's good then, how did you find the interview, did you feel it went okay? I found the talking to the ipad part horrible :/

Erm 2, I got declined after my Cov interview, de monfort was unsuccessful, offer from UoB , waiting on bcu and I have an interview for nottingham coming up. x
Reply 12
That's good then, how did you find the interview, did you feel it went okay? I found the talking to the ipad part horrible :/

Erm 2, I got declined after my Cov interview, de monfort was unsuccessful, offer from UoB , waiting on bcu and I have an interview for nottingham coming up. x

I did Chemistry and Human Biology at Keele, I didn't do so great but its a bit of an advantage. I found the maths and english tests easy, the interview part was good, felt like I answered the questions okay and had a bit of a laugh with the interviewers. The iPad thing was horrible! I felt like my answers were stupid and wasn't expecting the 'characters' to be late teens, I was hoping for at least one primary school aged child in it! Can't have done too badly if I haven't been rejected yet.

Thats good that you're holding an offer, you'll have options then. I didn't have to do interviews last time so I got offers relatively quickly, the waiting is excruciating! Fingers crossed for next week :biggrin: hope your Notts interview goes well!
Reply 13

I got rejected today, have you found out yet? I can't believe they made me wait so long just to get rejected :frown:
Original post by Dadeo
I got rejected today, have you found out yet? I can't believe they made me wait so long just to get rejected :frown:

Really? Tht is so bad theyve only just let you know now! Are you gonig to ask them why?

I haven't heard yet no. I was supposed to go to an interview in Nottingham today but didn't go because it's difficult to get to anyway- and if I get the grades I'd rather go to University of Birmingham or bcu and they both ask for the same grades so my mum and dad told me not to go, but they rejected me today anyway.

I'm so sorry BCU declined :frown: because it had been so long I really thought you had a place. I hope they let me know soon ! x
Reply 15
Really? Tht is so bad theyve only just let you know now! Are you gonig to ask them why?

I haven't heard yet no. I was supposed to go to an interview in Nottingham today but didn't go because it's difficult to get to anyway- and if I get the grades I'd rather go to University of Birmingham or bcu and they both ask for the same grades so my mum and dad told me not to go, but they rejected me today anyway.

I'm so sorry BCU declined :frown: because it had been so long I really thought you had a place. I hope they let me know soon ! x

I suppose if you've already got a decent offer from your first choice and BCU give you an offer then you're all set.

I sent an email shortly after I found out and I tried ringing just now but the lady on the phone said they don't give feedback over the phone. I might apply for adult branch through extra at BCU in January cause I love working with adults too. I hope they let you know soon too, the waiting is horrible.

Quick Reply

Latest