The Student Room Group

Why do my speakers keep turning off?

I bought a bluetooth wireless desktop speaker for my laptop, and although the sound quality is great, I keep having issues with it.

Firstly, when connecting via bluetooth, the connection will randomly drop, and I've found that sometimes actually pairing the speaker causes my wifi to cut off, which I think then stops my bluetooth working, and disconnects the speaker.

Secondly, when using an AUX cable, the speakers will turn off by themselves after about 20 minutes of use. I'm struggling to think why this is - I've tried adjusting my power settings (i.e., adjusting so that my laptop won't sleep, or the screen won't turn off until 3 hours of inactivity) and I've tried setting the speakers as my default, but this seems to mess with my sound card. I also thought it might be that they turn off after general inactivity (e.g when I'm watching a film and haven't used the mousepad in a while), but when I'm sat on the laptop doing work and playing music they will still turn off. This happens most of the time, but sometimes I will leave my laptop and do something else for an hour and return to my room and they'll still be playing music.

They must just be really fickle and unreliable, as I took them back thinking they might be faulty, got a new set of the same speakers ('cause I love the sound quality) and I've had the same problems with the new pair.

Any ideas what could be causing this? They are Technika BT04 speakers from Tesco.
Reply 1
Original post by JuiceboxPhantom
I bought a bluetooth wireless desktop speaker for my laptop, and although the sound quality is great, I keep having issues with it.

Firstly, when connecting via bluetooth, the connection will randomly drop, and I've found that sometimes actually pairing the speaker causes my wifi to cut off, which I think then stops my bluetooth working, and disconnects the speaker.

Secondly, when using an AUX cable, the speakers will turn off by themselves after about 20 minutes of use. I'm struggling to think why this is - I've tried adjusting my power settings (i.e., adjusting so that my laptop won't sleep, or the screen won't turn off until 3 hours of inactivity) and I've tried setting the speakers as my default, but this seems to mess with my sound card. I also thought it might be that they turn off after general inactivity (e.g when I'm watching a film and haven't used the mousepad in a while), but when I'm sat on the laptop doing work and playing music they will still turn off. This happens most of the time, but sometimes I will leave my laptop and do something else for an hour and return to my room and they'll still be playing music.

They must just be really fickle and unreliable, as I took them back thinking they might be faulty, got a new set of the same speakers ('cause I love the sound quality) and I've had the same problems with the new pair.

Any ideas what could be causing this? They are Technika BT04 speakers from Tesco.

Tríed it wíth other devíces?
I have bought a new set of Creative audio speakers and they also keep switching off on their own,,,,,WHY!!
Reply 3
You try other one.
There might be some problems on your driver. Try to reinstall them and see if it works. Have tried many speaker from this one and all of them are working great.

Quick Reply