The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Ask a Brunel Student Thread - AMA

I will answer anything from my point of view, all questions are welcome!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What are your personal opinions of potatoes?
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by lor771
What are your personal opinions of potatoes?

Good question, brunel sells jacket potatos for like £4 i think, the brunel cafeteria is a rip off, recently just got charged £10 for 2 fried chicken and chip with a drink and a small slice of cake, they made a mistake and it was £8
Reply 3
Brunel gym ?????
Reply 4
How multicultural is Brunel?
Reply 5
Original post by Padwas
Brunel gym ?????

Joining Fee: £25
Membership Type Bronze: 7am - 12pm
Academic Year: £120
Summer term: £40

Membership Type Silver: Excl. 6pm-8pm
Academic Year: £185
Summer term: £60

Membership Type Gold: Gym
Academic Year: £235
Summer term: £80

Membership runs until 31st May of the academic year and decreases on a monthly pro-rata basis. All students must purchase a Sports Federation Card to access the More Energy Gym, which is available through the Student Union via www.brunelstudents.com

trust me it is a rip off, unless time is money in my case scenario, I just go to the uni gym, however there is a trugym in Uxbridge, which is cheaper but then the uni gym, you have to pay a joining fee and buy a sport federation card for another 20 pound.

Another problem is it depends on travel I mean if your going to take the bus to trugym in uxbridge, it may cost more. It is also very packed, there is a good machine room (chestpress etc) then there is upstairs a running machine room. But the actual weights room is small and always rammed. If you cba go to uni gym like I do.

P.S. BUY SILVER not gold, bceause you can just go in just before 6 or after 8, and it closes at 10pm everyday unlike true gym which is 24/7
Reply 6
Are you a first year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Pocalypse
How multicultural is Brunel?

It is actually very multicultural, you will see quite a bit of international students, apparently the year before me, it was 80% indians which many people i knew applied here for, but now I will say its like 30% its actually quite diverse.
Reply 8
Original post by Study_Guru
Are you a first year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I am
Reply 9
No reply :frown:
Reply 10
Original post by Padwas
No reply :frown:

i have I have to wait for a stupid mod to approve my post because i wrote a paragraph

basically there is a trugym in town which is cheaper
there is three membership options
http://www.brunel.ac.uk/services/sport/indoor-facilities/more-energy-gym
(edited 10 years ago)
What course are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by kpofsuburbia
What course are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Information Systems
Reply 13
my son is an International student and he will begin the University on september..Where the student buy comforters, towels, kitchen and laundry stuff?
Reply 14
Do you know anyone that does product design that I can get in touch with?
Original post by Selena4595
Do you know anyone that does product design that I can get in touch with?

Hi!:colondollar:
Reply 16
Original post by Emerald123
Hi!:colondollar:

Ah! Perfect! Well, at the moment, I have applied for product design engineering at loughborough and product design at brunel.

I'm now worried that product design engineering is far too much engineering and want to swap to product design technology.

I was wondering if you could give me some examples of placements that people go on, and what jobs they go on to do. I think this would be a good way to see if that's what I want to do.

Also, on my interview day I didn't have the chance to see the workrooms, so can you describe them for me? Are they good? Is there enough of everything for everyone? I've heard some people say that the course is quite small, so how many people are on it, and... Just general information like that would be incredible.

Thank you so much!
Reply 17
Are you in contact with any current Law Students doing the LLB with professional placement? I fell in love with Brunel and I would most definitely have put it as my firm if I hadn't of gained a reduced-conditional from Queen Mary to study Politics and Law, so it'll definitely be my insurance. I really liked the feel of the university, but I don't know if living in Uxbridge is slightly off the beaten track in terms of life outside of university, how do you find it?
Hi ! : D I have got the offer from leeds of Ma advertising and design and Ma digital media and branding in Brunel. I am really hesitate. Do you know the general situation there and could tell me which one should I choose on your opinion. Thanks !
Reply 19
I'm considering taking an Msc course on Finance and Investment. How good is Brunel Business School compared to others' (Queen Mary, Royal Holloway,...)?

Quick Reply

Latest