The Student Room Group

HRM Personal Statement!

Ok, I was advised by the HRM course leader to still apply for this course regardless of having no work experience nor GCSEs but because I have a diploma in HR QCF Level 3.

I am struggling with my personal statement! I have no opening lines as I don't come from a HR background! Im 22 and any advice would be great!
When is your PS due? It might be worth getting some work experience if possible to give you more to talk about why you want to do this course.

Your opening lines should be a brief statement of why you want to do the course.
Reply 2
Why do you want to study this course?

Don't think about having "an opening line" yet. Just write something. You could even start with the sentence "I want to study HRM because...". Getting started is the hardest bit so don't force yourself to be perfect straight away.

You might want to think about topics on your previous course that you've enjoyed, or new topics in the degree (read the prospectus) that you're looking forward to studying. Don't focus on what you haven't got, just talk about what you have got - which is enthusiasm and a passion for the course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending