The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

university of bath

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Alien41
10am really?! Why that time!!! I'm in class then and don't feel like doing this on my phone on bad college internet!! If I say got in at 5 O'clock after I get in from school...will I miss out on Marlbrough/Solsbury?! :'(

Are you not off for Easter?
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 21
Original post by arainyday
Are you not off for Easter?
according to school website, term ends the 11th of April...
Reply 22
When you choose accommodation, how specific does it get. I.e. do you have to choose "Westwood Conygre Terrace" or just "Westwood"? Because I'm going to get my sister to do it whilst I'm at school...don't want her to screw it up :tongue:
Reply 23
Original post by Alien41
10am really?! Why that time!!! I'm in class then and don't feel like doing this on my phone on bad college internet!! If I say got in at 5 O'clock after I get in from school...will I miss out on Marlbrough/Solsbury?! :'(

You most probably would.
Reply 24
Original post by Alien41

Agh is it? Don't know why I thought it was earlier, maybe mine is different!
Reply 25
Original post by Alien41
When you choose accommodation, how specific does it get. I.e. do you have to choose "Westwood Conygre Terrace" or just "Westwood"? Because I'm going to get my sister to do it whilst I'm at school...don't want her to screw it up :tongue:

You'll have the options Marlborough/Solsbury, Woodland, Norwood, Westwood, Eastwood, Polden, John Wood, (+ other city ones, I forget), The Quads. Then within that for some you'll have another choice (Woodland have two difference room prices, one is a bit bigger, Eastwoods have houses with a cleaning service and those without etc.)
Reply 26
Original post by Alien41

Oh, mine is different! That's so annoying for you!! :frown:
Reply 27
Original post by Damask-
You'll have the options Marlborough/Solsbury, Woodland, Norwood, Westwood, Eastwood, Polden, John Wood, (+ other city ones, I forget), The Quads. Then within that for some you'll have another choice (Woodland have two difference room prices, one is a bit bigger, Eastwoods have houses with a cleaning service and those without etc.)

Okay thanks. So if I wrote down "Marlborough/solsbury, woodland (enhanced ensuite shower 140), Westwood (enhanced standard with washbasin £115) Norwood." Would that be enough information for her to get it right? Very worried!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Oh, mine is different! That's so annoying for you!! :frown:

Annoying is a bit of an understatement! Most other schools are on easter on the 8th too just mine is stupid!!! :mad:

Going to get sister/mum to do it for me whilst I'm at school. Hopefully they'll get it right.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Original post by Alien41
Annoying is a bit of an understatement! Most other schools are on easter on the 8th too just mine is stupid!!! :mad:

Going to get sister/mum to do it for me whilst I'm at school. Hopefully they'll get it right.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Plus it's at 10am, don't know why I thought it would be really early like 7am! No frees or anything?

You could always just take the morning off.. :rolleyes:
Reply 30
Original post by Alien41
Okay thanks. So if I wrote down "Marlborough/solsbury, woodland (enhanced ensuite shower 140), Westwood (enhanced standard with washbasin £115) Norwood." Would that be enough information for her to get it right? Very worried!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, that should be. I'm surprised you'd put Westwood before Norwood and either of them before the Quads. :smile:
Reply 31
Plus it's at 10am, don't know why I thought it would be really early like 7am! No frees or anything?

You could always just take the morning off.. :rolleyes:

I'm free from 11 until 1, so If they've been unsuccessful logging in after an hour at home, I can do it from school. Just wanted to get on bag on 10!

I was thinking about doing that but.....it's really unlike me I have an overly strong issue with missing classes. School forced me to go home once because I was ill. Wanted to stay lol :colondollar:
Reply 32
Original post by Damask-
Yeah, that should be. I'm surprised you'd put Westwood before Norwood and either of them before the Quads. :smile:

I don't like how Norwood is literally on top of everything. I need to get away lol :tongue: What even are the Quads? I can't see it on the website??
Reply 33
Original post by Alien41
I don't like how Norwood is literally on top of everything. I need to get away lol :tongue: What even are the Quads? I can't see it on the website??

They're the new accommodation, cheaper than Marl/Sols, because they're a little bit smaller. They have ensuites though, and social spaces, and smaller size flats than Woodland.
Reply 34
Original post by Damask-
They're the new accommodation, cheaper than Marl/Sols, because they're a little bit smaller. They have ensuites though, and social spaces, and smaller size flats than Woodland.

Really!! That's soo good!! Can I apply for those? Do you have a link to where it's shown on the website? :biggrin:
Reply 35
Original post by Alien41
Really!! That's soo good!! Can I apply for those? Do you have a link to where it's shown on the website? :biggrin:

I assume you should be able to apply but unfortunately they're not even on the website yet. It would be somewhat of a blind choice.
Reply 36
Original post by Damask-
I assume you should be able to apply but unfortunately they're not even on the website yet. It would be somewhat of a blind choice.

Okay cool! I've just sent an email to the accommodation office so maybe they'll be able to tell me a bit more. I kinda hope I can apply but they don't put it on the website...so no one else will know:wink:
Original post by Alien41

Hi there!

Firstly, congratulations on getting an offer!

Secondly, don't worry too much about the accommodation application- it's very straightforward from what I remember. Although it is good that you're getting your sister to do it as places do fill up very quickly!

When I was applying for accommodation (two years ago) you just selected your preferences, and Westwood was all included in one option.

I personally was in Conygre in first year and loved it! And had friends in the other set ups, for example Wolfson, and both layouts had their pros and cons so don't stress too much about which particular one you may get.

If you have any further questions about Bath uni or the city itself, please don't hesitate in asking!

Ellen
Reply 38
Original post by University Of Bath
Hi there!

Firstly, congratulations on getting an offer!

Secondly, don't worry too much about the accommodation application- it's very straightforward from what I remember. Although it is good that you're getting your sister to do it as places do fill up very quickly!

When I was applying for accommodation (two years ago) you just selected your preferences, and Westwood was all included in one option.

I personally was in Conygre in first year and loved it! And had friends in the other set ups, for example Wolfson, and both layouts had their pros and cons so don't stress too much about which particular one you may get.

If you have any further questions about Bath uni or the city itself, please don't hesitate in asking!

Ellen

Hey thanks Ellen!

Soo...would the options let you chose between the enhanced standard and the studio though? And btw you wouldn't happen to know if I can apply for the new and shiny accommodation by any chance :tongue:?

What are you studying at Bath? :smile:
10am on the 8th, thanks for the heads up. I only have one lesson (at 2:30) on Tuesdays so I will be more than able to sit in my college's library spamming refresh on my laptop. Really hoping I can get a place at Polden Court, though to be fair, during my visits I didn't think that any of Bath's campus accommodation was bad at all.

Quick Reply

Latest