The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey :smile:
My teacher said that ratios are definitely going to come up as a calculation and we have been constantly practicing them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
This thread needs to be kept alive i really need to start learning the case study.

I reckon objectives will come up in relation to the decision with the factory re-location.
Original post by cdude
This thread needs to be kept alive i really need to start learning the case study.

I reckon objectives will come up in relation to the decision with the factory re-location.

I totally agree. I think ratios as APSL want to improve solvency ratios,however they haven't told us what one. That's probs going to come up.
Reply 4
Original post by Einstein16
I totally agree. I think ratios as APSL want to improve solvency ratios,however they haven't told us what one. That's probs going to come up.

Do we have to learn both liquidity and solvency ratios?
Guessing so,
Reply 6
Original post by Einstein16

Gearing ratio is more than likely to come up, they are extremely high geared so I presume you can use that in the exam.
Reply 7
Original post by BELILL
Gearing ratio is more than likely to come up, they are extremely high geared so I presume you can use that in the exam.

Gearing ratio?

Don't think we've done that
Reply 8
Original post by cdude
Gearing ratio?

Gearing ratio are less likely to come up but my teacher recommended learning them...
They include:
Current ratio
Acid test
And the actual gearing calculation!

Look them up they're pretty easy to calculate :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by cdude
Gearing ratio?

They're also known as liquidity ratios :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi so I have a blog called
arqshah.wordpress.com
where I post marked examples of APSL related questions such as should they move to Hull? Hope it helps anyone here:smile:
anyone have any good points for me to expand on this
'discuss how APSL would be affected if interest rates in the UK were increased' ???:smile:
Reply 12
Original post by daisyrushforth
anyone have any good points for me to expand on this
'discuss how APSL would be affected if interest rates in the UK were increased' ???:smile:

Well there goal is to improve solvency ratios and get rid of interest expenses but if interest rates rise then they can't pay off their interest this will effect their long term objective.
If interest rates go up then they might not be able to borrow money for their other plans such as the heat harvester, relocation to hull etc because they will have to pay more interest. So they won't be able to expand.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
So how is everyone doing with revision on this?
Reply 14
I've made this mind map with all the important things on APSL!!
I have started making a plan for all of the predicted 40 questions!
Just need to work on my calculations of ratios and stuff :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by Bee3011
I've made this mind map with all the important things on APSL!!
I have started making a plan for all of the predicted 40 questions!
Just need to work on my calculations of ratios and stuff :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

It'd be good if we could read it haha
Reply 16
Original post by cdude
It'd be good if we could read it haha

I tried but because it's A1 paper, I can't fit the whole thing in if I try to.zoom in :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
I'm confused about liquidity and solvency.

We have been covering liquidity of APSL a lot in class (how to get rid of the debt)

So i know how to answer 'explain how APSL can improve it's liquidty'

However i wouldn't know how to answer, 'explain how APSL can improve it's solvency'
Original post by cdude
I'm confused about liquidity and solvency.

We have been covering liquidity of APSL a lot in class (how to get rid of the debt)

So i know how to answer 'explain how APSL can improve it's liquidty'

However i wouldn't know how to answer, 'explain how APSL can improve it's solvency'

Liquidity is how quickly a business can turn its assets into cash. The ratios are:

1) Acid Test
2) Current Ratio

Solvency is a measure of whether or not the business has sufficient cash flow to cover its short and long term debt. The ratios are:

1) Interest Cover
2) Gearing
Original post by Bee3011
I tried but because it's A1 paper, I can't fit the whole thing in if I try to.zoom in :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wassup, I remember talking to you on one of the F292 Threads, what did you get in Business at AS then?
Side note- was waiting for a thread like this to come up. My teacher also thinks that the final question would be on the movement to Hull.

Latest

Trending

Trending