The Student Room Group

Postgrad Speech & Language Therapy 2015 Entry (PG Dip/MSc)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by moak11
That's true! you should hear back pretty soon then! Let me know if you get an interview, mines on the 5th Feb x

Thank you
And very good luck for your interview :smile:

Does anyone know how i pay subscription for the RCSLT's Bulletin Magazine? I have always read archived additions but would like to receive the current ones. I have tried through the RCSLT website but you have to be an official member in order to actually gain entry to the page to register for a subscription! Any help would be greatly received. Thank you!
Reply 301
Original post by HarrietFaith

Does anyone know how i pay subscription for the RCSLT's Bulletin Magazine? I have always read archived additions but would like to receive the current ones. I have tried through the RCSLT website but you have to be an official member in order to actually gain entry to the page to register for a subscription! Any help would be greatly received. Thank you!

Yep, you do have to be a member to read the current issues of Bulletin. I signed up as an 'individual subscriber', I think it's something like £3 a month. You have to do a paper copy of the form though, you can't do it online. You can download one here: http://www.rcslt.org/about/membership/how_to_join
If you call their admissions you can become an associate member, which is a lit cheaper and still gives you a subscription :smile:
Thank you both!
Reply 304
Original post by Lau226
Thanks, that reassuring to know that other people are still waiting to hear- hopefully it won't be too much longer for us. The waiting game is horrible, it's been 6 weeks since my Sheffield interview. I just want to hear back so I can stop obsessively checking my emails haha!

Did you also have your Sheffield interview on 16 December? The wait is nerve-wracking, isn't it? We should hear back this week though, not long to go!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 305
Original post by Clair'sbear
hello!
i thought I would share a little known fact about City; if you get a place on their waiting list and don't get in, you are offered an guaranteed place for the following year
. I was offered a waiting list place last year, but because I work and need to give 3 months notice it was easier to plan for September 2015

Hello! Just thought I'd say hello, I was on the waiting list last year too, and like you took the place for 2015! It was easier to plan with work etc! Can't wait to start! Have you heard anything since the email sent in December??
Just found out I've been offered a place at Sheffield!
Original post by eve1293
Just found out I've been offered a place at Sheffield!

Well done! when did you have your interview? I had mine on the 22nd December and haven't heard anything yet.
Original post by katebeare94
Well done! when did you have your interview? I had mine on the 22nd December and haven't heard anything yet.

Thanks! Yeah I was in the same interview. Good luck, you should hear soon!
I've just got an offer from Newcastle so check your email if you haven't already!
Reply 310
Original post by 88stooley
I've just got an offer from Newcastle so check your email if you haven't already!

Me too! Congratulations! Will you be accepting or are you waiting on others? This was my top choice so I'm over the moon!!!
Reply 311
Congratulations on all the offers, well done! Anxiously waiting to hear from Sheffield too..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rusty23
Hello! Just thought I'd say hello, I was on the waiting list last year too, and like you took the place for 2015! It was easier to plan with work etc! Can't wait to start! Have you heard anything since the email sent in December??

Hello!

i haven't heard a thing! I range them last week, I will. We'd to resign from work at them the end March, and they asked me to email them.

What I did manage to glean from them is that everything usually goes out at the end of May once they have sent email offers to the current applicants. I am treating it like a new job: wanting written confirmation, DBS and occupational health completed first. I can't afford to leave a well paid job without reassurance as once I've resigned there's no going back :afraid:
i am really looking forward to getting started and having some proper information - they didn't appear to appreciate that people who aren't undergrads have different needs!
i hope they surprise me and will let you know what happens!
Reply 313
Original post by Clair'sbear
Hello!

i haven't heard a thing! I range them last week, I will. We'd to resign from work at them the end March, and they asked me to email them.

What I did manage to glean from them is that everything usually goes out at the end of May once they have sent email offers to the current applicants. I am treating it like a new job: wanting written confirmation, DBS and occupational health completed first. I can't afford to leave a well paid job without reassurance as once I've resigned there's no going back :afraid:
i am really looking forward to getting started and having some proper information - they didn't appear to appreciate that people who aren't undergrads have different needs!
i hope they surprise me and will let you know what happens!

That'd be great thanks a mill, I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't heard anything, I was getting a bit worried! Like you I 'd like to have everything we need to know now haha!! Would like to plan for the next few months ahead with work and everything else, but still v.excited about it all! It seems like so long ago when I started getting the applications together!
Anyone else heard from Sheffield?
I've had an offer from Newcastle, still waiting to hear from Sheffield. So frustrating they don't let everyone know at once, I cannot stop checking my email!
Reply 316
Yes, I got an offer from Newcastle on Tuesday, but got a rejection email from Sheffield today! Oh well, Newcastle it is :smile:. Good luck to those of you still waiting to hear back!
Just accepted an offer from Sheffield. Heard back a few days ago but have been told in the past that everyone hears at different times :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 318
Original post by shell489
I've had an offer from Newcastle, still waiting to hear from Sheffield. So frustrating they don't let everyone know at once, I cannot stop checking my email!

I'm also obsessively checking my emails. It's particularly unnerving as I walk past the department almost every day, glancing at the building silently willing them to please offer me a place 😄 I put all my eggs in one basket as I already live in Sheffield and can't move.

Congratulations to everyone who has got offers already and best of luck to all who haven't yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Natalie1305
Just accepted an offer from Sheffield. Heard back a few days ago but have been told in the past that everyone hears at different times :smile:

Did you just reply to the offer email to accept it? I emailed to accept 2 days ago but haven't had any reply...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending