The Student Room Group

Postgrad Speech & Language Therapy 2015 Entry (PG Dip/MSc)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Has anybody else heard from Newcastle today? I've got an interview in January :smile: didn't apply to Sheffield in the end, so really hoping to get on this one!!!
Reply 141
Anyone else being interviewed for Sheffield next week Tuesday? 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
My master plan has backfired. I wanted to go to Sheffield but also applied to newcastle for interview experience in case they both gave me interviews. Newcastle have offered me an interview and Sheffield have outright rejected me despite them having offered me an interview for their BSc program. Gutted!!
Reply 143
Original post by HowayGuapa
My master plan has backfired. I wanted to go to Sheffield but also applied to newcastle for interview experience in case they both gave me interviews. Newcastle have offered me an interview and Sheffield have outright rejected me despite them having offered me an interview for their BSc program. Gutted!!

Sorry to hear that :frown: Would the undergraduate be an acceptable option for you at all, or would you prefer the masters in Newcastle in that case?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Clivia
Anyone else being interviewed for Sheffield next week Tuesday? 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have an interview for sheffield next Monday (22nd), do you know what the interview consists of?
Reply 145
Original post by katebeare94
I have an interview for sheffield next Monday (22nd), do you know what the interview consists of?

As far as I know there's a group task, written task and individual interview. My interview would have been on the 22nd too but I got it moved to the 16th.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Clivia
As far as I know there's a group task, written task and individual interview. My interview would have been on the 22nd too but I got it moved to the 16th.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did it go? :smile:
Reply 147
Original post by eve1293
How did it go? :smile:

It went ok, thank you. The other contestants were strong as well, and this was only the first round of interviews, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see. The staff/department seemed really nice. Do you have an interview at Sheffield too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Clivia
It went ok, thank you. The other contestants were strong as well, and this was only the first round of interviews, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see. The staff/department seemed really nice. Do you have an interview at Sheffield too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Glad to hear it :smile: Yeah mine's on 22nd. How many people were there?
Reply 149
Original post by eve1293
Glad to hear it :smile: Yeah mine's on 22nd. How many people were there?

Ah, good luck! :smile: There were about 20 of us I think,

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys,

new to this forum :smile: i have just been offered an unconditional offer for a place on the speech and language therapy msc in queen margaret university edinburgh, after being rejected from sheffield last week!

I accepted the offer and i was just wondering if any of ye could offer any advice on the masters in qmu?
from what i gather i will have to find a way to fund the fees myself?? also has anybody else been accepted to qmu for september 2015? would love to know if anyone else was in my boat :smile:

emma
Original post by juliamcgowan26
I studied at QMU and absolutely loved it! It's been amazing! I'll send you my PS if I can find it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey julia so did you do the msc in speech and language in qmu? how did you find it? any advice or recommendations? :smile:
Original post by emmalouise93b
Hey julia so did you do the msc in speech and language in qmu? how did you find it? any advice or recommendations? :smile:

I have received an offer from Queen margaret as well :smile: Yes, if you are from England, you have to fund all the fees yourself- but it seems like a great place to go :smile:
I'm actually from Ireland! Are you from England? Are you going to accept the course? What do you think you'll do in regards to fees? It does Edinburgh would be cool
Hi everyone!

What an interesting thread. It's so great to read about peoples' experiences!
I also haven't been on TSR for a LONG time. I was once addicted to this site but stopped because my undrgrad was so intense!

I have only just graduated this year in BA Hons English Language and Linguistics. I am also CELTA qualified (Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) and have been teaching English for around 2 or 3 years. I have recently got a job in a nursing home so I am hoping this will help my application. I'm not looking to apply this year as I'm still not 100% sure I want to do the MSc or focus on my teaching. I also need a little more experience in SLT but trying to volunteer around where I am is just like getting blood from a stone.

Has anyone had interviews or been offered places with little experience like myself?

Good luck everyone :smile:
Original post by Division St.
Hi, does anyone know what questions might come up in interviews for the Masters? I have an interview at UCL in a couple weeks and feeling rather nervous!

I know that courses ask people not to share specific interview questions online, as it isn't fair on other candidates. It's competitive even to get an interview, so if you've been able to get this far then you should have plenty to say in response to what they ask you. :smile:
Hello everyone,

Has anyone heard back from city yet? And has anyone still not heard back from UCL?

I appreciate all replies :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 157
UCL contacted all the successful applicants around mid December with interview dates and info.
How strange that I did not hear from them. I've been checking my ucl portal daily and it just says 'application complete' and says that they will contact me. I thought they would have at least have updated it on the system?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 159
I think the pre-Christmas period was super busy, and priorities may lay elsewhere. It can take ages for records to be updated by admissions :-(
I did some ad hoc admin work at UCL and I know that particular machine moves slowly.
Hope you get good news from City.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending